Job#1540: Family Office Controller - Metuchen, New Jersey (2-1-2021)
SalaryAt par with industry standards
Family Office Controller
Franco Manufacturing Co., Inc. has been a leading international producer of home fashions for over 60 years. Our products include whimsical and stylish bedding, pillows, throws, towels and accessories for popular licensed properties including Disney, Hasbro, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers, and many more. Franco products can be found at major mass market retailers, specialty stores, discount stores and department stores.
Management of the Family Office Department for this privately owned Company includes accounting, tax preparation, insurance programs, financial statement reviews and personal business activities.
Other duties include:
- Tax Management:
- Preparation of periodic estimated tax calculations
- Reporting and filing of quarterly tax estimates
- Preparation and filing of extensions and final tax returns for individual, partnerships and trusts
- Manage bookkeepers to ensure timely payment of bills and deposit of all receipts.
- Reviews and approves financial statements prior to distribution.
- Manage family insurance program including maintenance of master schedules; approve payment of premiums and compliance with all other administrative requirements, as well as filing and following up on medical insurance claims.
- Manage the required record keeping and administrative functions for the Franco Foundation and other charitable activities.
- Responsible for family member record retention program
- Review monthly broker reconciliations.
- Manage Cash Management functions including all deposits, check and wire transfers, reconciliation of account balances etc.
This key hands-on role requires a candidate with a minimum of 10 years’ accounting experience in a Family Office Accounting environment. Individual, partnership and trust tax preparation experience is mandatory. Proficiency using Excel and tax/accounting packages required. CPA preferred.
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1540 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.