Job #999: Director of Human Resources - New York, NY (1-10-19)
- Job Title: Director of Human Resources
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Strategically plan human resources strategies in support of organizational goals and excellence in customer service
- Partner with hiring managers to develop a recruitment strategy to attract top talent and to meet hiring deadlines. Develop programs that support and encourage diversity hiring.
- Prepare and/or assist hiring managers in the preparation of position descriptions and manage the internal and external posting programs. Ensure all postings are in compliance with state and federal mandates.
- Leverage resources such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & Glassdoor to develop a social media recruiting strategy that will increase the flow of quality applicants.
- Creates and implements strategic talent acquisition plans to support current and future hiring needs
- Understands the position responsibilities and profile of each area so that candidates can be recommended for placement accordingly
- Phone screen selected qualified applicants, schedule appointments and interview applicants for open positions (external/internal).
- Extend offers (internal/external) and negotiate as needed.
- Review EEOC regulations and assure compliance in associate hiring, transferring and promotions.
- Understands and continuously expands knowledge of the competitive job market. Uses this information to make decisions and recommendations
- Develops a virtual talent bench for future positions
- Ensures all talent acquisition standards are in place
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all employees to contribute to the organization at their full potential
- Conduct exit interviews
- Coordinate onboarding and new hire orientation initiatives.
- Consult with managers regarding the performance management process, including preparing performance documentation and reviewing performance appraisals. Provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or performance improvement plans.
- Design, deliver, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of a training and development curriculum designed to drive higher employee performance and engagement.
- Implements other training programs as directed by the Corporate Office
- Manages organizational changes to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- Creates development and succession plans for high potential employees
- Assists in the execution of all employee terminations
- Understands and ensures compliance with all state and federal employment laws
- Plans team member events and recognition programs.
- Ensures positive team member relations through open communication
Employee Relations/Labor Relations
- Oversees employee relations and partners with Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Human Resources and Real Estate as needed to resolve all employee relations issues.
- Resolve manager and associate dissatisfaction by investigating complaints and concerns, evaluating and offering possible courses of action, providing advice, guidance, and direction.
- Maintain open communication channels with associates and managers by answering questions on various Human Resources issues.
- Review discipline and discharge issues to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Identifies opportunities to leverage resources and mitigate risks in the execution of Human Resource strategies and legal compliance.
- Pro-actively speaks with employees to assess and resolve issues
- Maintain expert knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and issues and communicates this content to HR team ensuring they are up to date on current legislation affecting the business.
- Conducts staff exit interviews and reinforces retention efforts
- Conducts investigations into all charges of harassment and discrimination
- Provides formal and informal counseling and coaching to employees and acts as a channel of communication between senior management and employees.
- Advises when necessary to help resolve conflicts and reviews all employee disciplinary matters to ensure fairness and consistency
Compensation and Benefits:
- Perform market research on compensation and advise hiring managers on appropriate salary guidelines.
- Strategize annual budget process with GM (non-exempt) & update weekly FTE’s.
- Working knowledge, understanding and remain up-to-date on law changes and regulations relating to ADA, FMLA, OSHA, COBRA, DOL, HIPPA, and ERISA
- Manage Workers Compensation claims/files
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills with the ability to influence business leaders and drive strategic HR and business objectives. Strong written communication skills are essential to this position.
- Projects a professional image and acts as a positive representative of the HR function within the store
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- A minimum of 7+years of human resources /labor relations experience required
- Prospective candidates will have a minimum of ten years’ experience in an HR generalist capacity, with a particular emphasis in staffing, employee relations and training.
- A SPHR designation and a Masters in Human Resources are preferred credentials.
- Candidates should be technology-savvy and experienced in social recruiting best practices.
- They should be self-starters who are able to work well independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates should send resume to Vinnie Budhram at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #999 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.