Job #997: Senior Project Accountant - New York, NY (1-10-19)
- Job Title: Senior Project Accountant
- Location: New York
- Salary: Up to $120,000 DOE
The Senior Project Accountant focuses on the generation, preparation, and communication of information that is complete and accurate to support effective decision making, management, internal controls, and financial reporting. They are responsible for completing a wide range of general accounting, real estate accounting, and reporting activities within the Accounting organization under the guidance and supervision of the Controller. Senior Project Accountants may be responsible for a product and/or property portfolio ranging from 5-10 properties and/or corporate/service/management entities depending on the level of accounting complexity involved. They also may be responsible for projects in of up to $50MM as well as providing accounting services to other business units as they evolve/grow. As part of this endeavor, we are seeking a Senior Project Accountant who will represent the financial goals and social and environmental mission of the organization.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing and analyzing journal entries on both GAAP and tax basis including but not limited to: standard entries, applicable reclassifications / adjustments, review of all income and expenses, accruals, overhead allocations, consolidations and eliminations, and intercompany transactions
- Preparing and distributing periodic reports for various legal entities (management services companies, partnerships), external business partners (joint venture partners), governmental agencies, lending institutions (banks, institutional investors), and external auditors. Required periodic reports may include but are not limited to: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows statements
- Preparing reconciliations of general ledger accounts, as required. Supporting independent third-party audits. Performing variance analysis, as required. Provide insights into accounting for complex transactions and/or properties • Preparing support data and analyses for financial reporting requirements and corporate communications needs including but not limited to: schedules, reconciliations, footnotes, board books, earnings calls, and analyst’s requests, preparing budget variance reports (BVR's)
- Provide subject matter expertise, especially with regards to accounting for complex transactions and/or properties. Manage a larger project base than non-senior level accountants • Support, mentor and assist Project Accountants
- Participate in various lines of business, in regard to budgeting, business development and other non-accounting functions
Salary up to $120,000 DOE.
Interested candidates should send MS Word resume (No PDFs please) to Michael Bernstein at: Michael.Bernstein@phytontalent.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #997 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.