Job #991: Controller - Saddle Brook, NJ (1-8-19)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Open
The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of Tillman, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Job functions include:
- Manage and lead all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P and G/L, Cost Accounting and revenue activities for the Company.
- Oversee the preparation of timely monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure Company compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee the external/internal audit process. Ensure company is in compliance.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required.
- Proven experience as a financial controller with supervisory responsibilities.
- A minimum of 10+ years combined accounting and finance experience.
- Telecommunications industry experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with GL functions and month-end/year end close process.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to accomplish tasks under tight deadlines, working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and financial platforms.
Interested candidates should send resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #991 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.