Job #986: Vice President of Finance - New York, NY (12-27-18)
- Job Title: Vice President of Finance
- Location: New York
- Salary: $125,000 - $150,000 + options
LendingFront is a rapidly growing enterprise financial technology company. Our subscription software provides banks and other commercial lenders with the most sophisticated platform in the market for underwriting, originating and servicing small business loans, enabling clients to digitize and streamline existing operations or to expand into online lending with a fraction of the time and expense it would otherwise take.
Our co-founders were founding team members of On Deck (NYSE: ONDK) and previously helped build and run small business credit at American Express, JP Morgan and Capital One. Our clients range from fast-growing online-only small business funding companies to $10bn+ financial institutions, who use our platform for process thousands of loan applications and to provide millions of dollars in funding to small businesses each week.
The VP of Finance and Compliance will lead the efforts to establish and formalize these functions within the LendingFront organization. The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt/equity financing, and budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Direct and coordinate LOB financial planning and budget management functions
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public
- Responsible for Human Resource functions, including payroll and benefits administration.
- Manage Treasury functions and banking relationships and develop cash flow forecasting models.
- Develop and manage LendingFront’s compliance programs
- Lead LendingFront’s SOCII certification effort
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA (preferred)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Small and large project/program orientation
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
Interested candidates should send resume and brief cover e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #986 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.