Job #979: Accounting Supervisor - New York, NY (12-12-18)
- Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Square Mile Capital Management LLC (“SMCM”) is a diversified real estate investment firm with $5 billion assets under management. SMCM focuses on sourcing and managing real estate and related equity, debt and hybrid investments on behalf of select institutional and private investors.
SMCM is seeking to hire a full-time Accounting Supervisor. The Accounting Supervisor will work on accounting for various Funds/Co-Investment Vehicles and the Management Company. The Accounting Supervisor reports to the Vice President-Financial Administration and will work with third party Fund Administrators.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Review daily cash journal entries and monthly bank reconciliations for the Management Company
- Review and reconcile fund reimbursements, accounts receivable, and accounts payable for the Management Company
- Review invoice packages and expense reimbursements for the Funds
- Review employee travel and expense reports for proper allocations in SAP Concur
- Prepare journal entries, financial statements and workpapers of the Management Company for monthly reporting
- Prepare quarterly budget to actual reporting (cash- and accrual-based budgets) for Management Company, including fluctuation analysis
- Liase with auditors for annual audits of the Management Company and the Funds
- Assist with reviewing Fund financial statements for quarterly investor reporting and annual audits
- Review monthly Fund cash activity and select journal entries
- Review capital call/distribution allocations and notices for the Funds
- Ad hoc projects and support to the VP-Financial Admin as necessary
- 4+ years’ experience in a professional accounting role. Experience in real estate private equity a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a major/concentration in Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Able to work independently and in team setting; excellent organizational and analytical skills; strong attention to detail
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #979 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.