Job #960: Human Resource Manager - Newark, NJ (12-5-18)
- Job Title: Human Resource Manager
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Job Summary and Overview:
The HR Manager oversees all aspects of the human resources function and its related duties. Acts as a liaison between the Company and its employees, aligns business objectives with employees and management. Provides direction to all levels of management regarding employee relations issues, corrective actions, new hire / termination of employment, policies & procedures, and ensuring compliance with Federal and State employment laws.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel, prepares and maintains employee handbook.
- Participates in developing departments personnel goals, objectives, and systems.
- Coordinate revisions of job descriptions for all employees as needed.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program and analyzes compensation levels for all positions. Conducts annual salary surveys and develops annual merit increase pool (salary budget).
- Coordinates and monitors the employee performance evaluation program, assist department managers with developing employee’s performance improvement plans as needed.
- Coordinates employee benefits administration which includes program development and maintenance, claims resolution, change reporting, reviewing Cigna invoices for enrollment accuracy.
- Coordinates recruitment for all exempt and nonexempt personnel (direct and indirect hires), conducts new hire onboarding and orientation, and assists with employee benefit enrollment.
- Prepares and processes termination paperwork and exit interviews for departing employees.
- Responsible for all special HR research projects and presentations.
- Coordinates employee training and development programs.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all personnel related activities for the company including the holiday party, summer picnic, and periodic company staff meetings.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State employment laws and regulations.
- Prepare the company internal newsletter.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by the President or Controller.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field required, master’s degree a plus;
- SHRM certification(s) desirable;
- Minimum of five (5) years' Human Resources experience as a manager with broad exposure to employee relations; benefits administration; creating employee training programs, and developing personnel-related policies;
- Must be experienced with handling sensitive, private, and confidential information with professionalism and urgency;
- Strong ability to prioritize workload demands and effectively organize all recordkeeping;
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills are essential;
- Must be highly proficient with MS Office (including Publisher).
- Must be able to travel to visit company offices in Detroit, Houston, and New York City (5%-10%)
This position will report to the Controller.
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #960 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.