Job #958: Chief Financial Officer - Northern, NJ (12-4-18)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Open
Food Service / Hospitality company with an established track record of best in class management, operations, and Guest Service is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to be based at its company headquarters in Northern New Jersey. Organization operates in numerous states and also has a small international presence with bot company and franchise locations.
The organization has been in operation for over fifty (50) years, is financially secure and currently focusing on infrastructure/technology enhancements for 2018/2019.
The ideal Chief Financial Officer candidate should have a Master’s Degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a major company or a division of a large corporation. This individual should have proven experience in partnering with executive team, excelled in a collaborative work environment and have high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
The Chief Financial Officer is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management of the Company, which includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve Company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the Company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Develop performance measures that support the Company’s strategic direction
- Analytical and able to develop big data and establish effective financial metrics.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the Company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices (security secession controls)
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information and reporting
- Report financial results to Board of Director’s and able to deliver board presentations.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the Company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the Board of Directors
- Maintains relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Maintain banking relationships
Key Desired Competencies
Leader – ability to envision and articulate the future, takes control, able to connect actions to results; strategic thinker; intellectual and able to unite direct and lead others.
Driver – focused on doing and getting things done with purpose and direction; establish order and processes and able to delegate effectively.
Solver – Approaches performance and relationships logically; methodical and analytical; address performance through fact and information.
Relator – builds relationships and personal contact, cares about the feelings, lives, and facts of others. Enjoys meeting new people and appreciates uniqueness and diversity of people.
Listener – communicates clearly and effectively, takes great care to understand and to be understood. Understands emotions and feelings and values personal interactions. Patient, tolerant and non-judgmental.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company who is positioned to grow significantly. Join a team where you can make a difference.
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes to ImagineRecruiter@gmail.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #958 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.