Job #955: Accounting Manager - New York, NY (11-27-18)
- Job Title: Accounting Manager
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level Directors which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Finance Director to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Department with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Education MA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Clifton Brown at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #955 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.