Job #953: Vice President of Finance - King of Prussia, PA (11-27-18)
- Job Title: Vice President of Finance
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Salary: $150,000
Who We Are:
At Renmatix, we are leaders in the science of renewable materials, using water to unlock the technology hidden within plants. Renmatix has developed a proprietary process which uses hot compressed fluids to break down biomass (such as trees, grasses and agricultural waste) into sugars, cellulose, lignin, and other products. We produce sustainable products that are people and environmentally friendly, that provide affordable alternatives to petroleum-based materials and, that have vast utility in everything from food ingredients and beauty products, to fuels, to industrial applications.
We have a collaborative, team oriented culture that is passionate about bringing our technical development and novel products to commercial fruition. Our headquarters are located in King of Prussia, PA and we have manufacturing operations in Rome, NY and Kennesaw, GA. Please see our website for additional information: http://renmatix.com
Renmatix is seeking Vice President, Finance in King of Prussia. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this individual will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the daily and monthly accounting efforts of the company, managing the audit process, and working closely with the CEO on financial analysis, modeling, valuation and budgeting to support business development efforts, business operations and transactions. Equally we are beginning the revenue generating phase of our growth, and this individual will work closely to support the sales transaction efforts (e.g., invoicing with sales prices and terms, cash collections) across operations, customer service and sales leadership. This individual will also play the coordination role between sales forecasts and production planning to ensure the best financial case is realized by the company. Renmatix is looking for a strong talent who can handle multiple responsibilities and projects (on all levels) autonomously, who will be facile in financial modeling and business analytics, and who is excited to grow with the company as it launches its commercial products.
- Manage accounts payable – receive, approve, and confirm that invoices are accurate and ensure timely payment.
- Identify and lead the most impactful procurement items, where savings potential could be realized for the company. VP Finance will play the leading role of guiding these efforts on behalf of the company, and as needed steering a cross functional team within Renmatix.
- Manage accounts receivable from customers, alongside sales leadership, to ensure pricing and order terms are established, as well as setting of payment terms and collection.
- Manage the payroll and expense reimbursement process – record journal entries and provide information to external processing firm.
- Manage the month end close process, including journal entries, fixed assets depreciation, bank account reconciliations and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Complete monthly financial reporting for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Keep the capitalization table up to date on a regular basis.
- Provide financial analyses to the CEO upon request related to business development, licensing, commercial launch and related commercialization sales decisions and transactions.
- Develop projections and financial models upon request of the CEO related to, for example, specific product lines, industry opportunities, sales forecasting and production planning, capacity portfolio management and the company as a whole, to support strategic decisions and business transactions.
- Communicate (both in verbal and written form) and negotiate with suppliers/vendors, external payroll processing firm, and when necessary, banking contacts for products , equipment and services (e.g., audit fees, insurance, utilities, health care, etc..
- Work with the CEO to create annual operating and capital budgets for board approval.
- Provide other administrative support to the executive/management team as needed.
- Join Investment Committee of Renmatix 401k Profit Sharing Plan, along with the CLO, to monitor and steer and the Plan.
- Invest company cash position, consistent with the Board-approved investment plan, and monitor results to plan.
Key Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Experience and strong understanding of accounting, including reconciliations, procurement, journal entries, revenue recognition, etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP strongly preferred
- An understanding and experience with procurement systems preferred, familiarity with ReQlogic a plus
- Experience with complex capitalization tables
- Public company experience a plus
- Experience in establishing on line (web portal) sales transaction and links to supply and inventory planning, customer service and accounting, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment; Self-starter
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” on both low level tasks and high-level, deep financial thinking projects
- Experience in building a functioning team, from outside contractors and consultants as needed and, at the right time, choosing and mentoring the right hires to build a finance department
- Sense of urgency and timeliness in completing projects
- Ability to assume additional projects and responsibilities and desire to grow with the company
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated ability and satisfaction working within a team
Interested candidates should send resumes to Jennifer Miller at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #953 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.