Job #952: Controller - Fairfield, NJ (11-27-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $110,000 - $125,000 + Bonus
- Supervise small staff currently consisting of a full-time Accounting Manager and part-time Accounting Assistant plus an IT person. Both accounting individuals are technically very competent.
- Advanced Excel user. Pivot tables, V-Lookups, H-Lookups
- Understanding of contract and labor law. Draft and/or review contracts. Company does engage outside counsel, as an additional resource.
- Willingness to personally participate in the monthly closing process, including making required journal entries and issuing internally-prepared financials. Staff is competent to analyze and adjust most, if not all, of the accounts.
- Control / limit Company’s exposure to risk through various insurance products. “Shop” markets for P&C and Health & Life products, when deemed necessary.
- Thorough understanding of banking products available to middle-market companies. Understand what are ordinary and customary ABL terms and conditions, what are ordinary and customary (and reasonable) covenants (i.e. DSCR and Tangible Net Worth). Understanding bank reporting compliance. How “cash flow” lending differs from ABL and fact that many banks now offer “hybrid” types of lending. Company does have outside CPA firm capabilities, as an additional resource.
- Understand bank treasury issues, such as lock-boxes, ACHs, wires, analysis charges, foreign currency hedges.
- Working knowledge of 401K plan administration (i.e. 5500 requirements and deadlines, and safe-harbor concepts).
- Understanding of partnership and personal tax filing requirements.
- Ability to understand HR compliance issues and maintain an up-to-date Employee Handbook. Company presently does not have a dedicated HR manager, rather the CFO and Accounting Manager handle most day-to-day issues. Outside resources can be used.
- Understanding of which employee fringe benefits can and cannot be abridged.
- Evaluation of customer credit worthiness.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the internal staff vis-à-vis the outside CPAs in the annual review process.
- Budgeting and re-forecasting.
- Duty drawback responsibility.
- Minimum 8 years of public / private accounting.
- CPA certification preferred
- Emphasis on mid-sized, privately-held companies. Manufacturing / distribution.
- Time off –sick, personal, vacation
- Bonus eligible
- Generous 401K program. After waiting period, currently a 4% match on employee’s 5% deferral with immediate vesting.
- Educational assistance.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Tom Buco at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #952 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.