Job #946: Director of Operations - Long Island City, NY (11-15-18)
- Job Title: Director of Operations
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
We are seeking an outstanding, entrepreneurial, results-oriented Director of Operations with significant experience developing and leading a successful business through growth and change. The successful candidate will be a solid, grounded individual who is comfortable working with creative individuals in a diverse, respectful environment.
The Director of Operations will start as part of a four-person Executive Team to provide co-leadership to the 32-person organization, working with the Owners and other management team members to set and achieve accelerated expansion goals and to continuously improve financial, operational and market performance. It is expected that over time, responsibilities will increase as the owners’ succession plan unfolds.
The Director of Operations reports to the two Owners of the company and is responsible for all functional areas of the business. The senior management team, who reports to the Director, includes: Marketing, Sales, Education, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance/Admin.
- Keep the Owners abreast of the state of the organization.
- Identify opportunities for improved financial outcomes, growth potential and increased enterprise value.
- Work with owners to translate their vision into strategic corporate goals and performance criteria.
- Set departmental goals; plan and direct implementation.
- Develop and manage corporate operational and capital budgets.
- Practice fiscal responsibility and manage risk when making corporate decisions.
- Identify opportunities and develop strategic alliances with manufacturers, distributors and licensees.
- Build a strong management team and provide guidance, resources and autonomy to successfully manage their functional areas and contribute to the company goals.
- Develop organizational, financial and operational capabilities and systems and assuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and common purpose through clear and consistent communication and practices.
- Implement a corporate-wide performance management system to track performance, maintain accountability and stay the course to goal attainment.
The desired Director of Operations will have possess the following background, knowledge, and skills:
- 8+ years in an executive position with increasing responsibilities and a proven track record of positive financial outcomes, growth and expansion.
- 3-5 years in a similar leadership position (company size and complexity).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited institution
- B2B and B2C sales and marketing.
- Strategic thinker with business and financial acumen who is attuned to market opportunities and brand potential.
- Possesses both technical and interpersonal skills to make timely and credible key decisions and then provides support so they are followed through to fruition.
- Demonstrates leadership through good judgment, consistency and integrity.
- Customer focused and results oriented.
- Articulate, educated and cultured communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience at a management level, responsible for multi-location, international supply chain operations.
- Experience with negotiations and contracts.
Individuals will be considered for this position based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered as part of the compensation.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Brett Dearing at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #946 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.