Job #944: Senior Staff Accountant - Long Island, NY (11-13-18)
- Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
The company is looking to add a SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT to their team on Long Island! The company is an established real estate owner/management company in business for 80+ years, with properties in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Scarsdale and the Bronx.
This is an incredible opportunity for an extremely organized individual that thrives in a fast paced environment which requires multi-tasking, the ability to time manage and transition from task to task with ease. The company is looking for individuals who can “take the bull by the horns” with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
Candidates must be self-driven, reliable and be resourceful. Strong computer skills, proficient writing skills and strong communication skills are a must. The successful candidate should be capable of working with staff members, various internal departments, senior management, vendors, bankers, etc... Previous experience in the NYC real estate market is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee monthly financial reporting;
- Analyze reports for accuracy and drill down variances to understand why they exist;
- Create and maintain various excel schedules and reports to stay organized;
- Ensure A/P and A/R Depts. are performing as we expect them to perform while providing guidance, leadership, training and support;
- Interface with external accounting firms regarding external reviews, reporting compliance, tax preparation and other projects as needed;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Report directly to the CFO; and
- Review weekly/monthly reports with CFO
- Finance or Accounting degree required, CPA required, Masters/MBA a plus
- RE experience is required
- Experience supervising staff
- Minimum of 6 years of hands on experience
Ready for the next challenging step in your career?
Interested candidates should send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #944 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.