Job #939: Controller - Ridgefield Park, NJ (11-1-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $100,000 - $120,000
Sterling Education/OneSchool US is seeking an experienced and dynamic Controller for our National Support Office in Ridgefield Park, NJ. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work with various levels of staff and volunteers, manage multiple priorities and maintain accurate books and records. This position will report to the CFO as well as have dotted line reporting to the General Manager and support the campuses in the US, Canada and Caribbean.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data
- Oversee day to day accounting, managing all transactions occurring at the school, region and national levels
- Assist and develop systems of internal control to safeguard the assets of the organization
- Insure proper authorization of transactions, in compliance with communicated policies
- Manage daily cash flow
- Oversee various tax filings, annual reports and tax compliance
- Prepare payroll journal entries
- Support the HR department as the backup for payroll processing
- Support the CFO with financial reporting and analysis
History of the School:
Sterling Education, founded in 2004, is a school system of excellence, comprised of 37 private schools located across Canada, the United States, and the Caribbean. Currently, the system provides over 1,000 students, in grades 3-12 with an outstanding and challenging education, using the latest in technology and teaching pedagogy. Our staff uses the Self Directed Learning model to ensure our incredible students develop their full potential by “Learning to Learn”, while upholding Christian values and beliefs. Staff have the opportunity to travel and collaborate with like-minded professionals from across the continent. The Controller will work collaboratively with other Finance and Operating personnel within the global OneSchool organization.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager
- Superior skills with Quickbooks and Excel
- Hands-on position and experience in a decentralized organization beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of sensitivity and respect for others and a willingness to work within cultural boundaries
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #939 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at email@example.com on your email.