Job #937: Corporate Controller - Northvale, NJ (10-29-18)
- Job Title: Corporate Controller
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: Open
A rapidily growing lighting company is seeking a Corporate Controller. The Company is committed to creating high-quality, affordable, well-designed and energy-efficient LED lighting and controls that make it easy for distributors to sell, electricians to install, and end-users to save energy.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for supporting the accounting and financial reporting environment in both our general ledger and consolidation systems as well as its supplemental products.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the worldwide monthly, quarterly and annual closing and consolidation activities including the preparation of the Company’s consolidated financial statements.
- Analyzing and documenting significant account fluctuations used by management to gain business insights into the reported results.
- Driving the execution of control procedures through detailed reviews of legal entity operating results, significant and unusual transactions, corporate accruals, close procedures and a variety of other transactions as necessary.
- Managing the external audit relationship, including coordination of quarterly reviews and the annual audit, and serving as the company’s primary contact on technical issues.
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions.
- Leading and managing effectively across the Company’s functional organizations. Promoting effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieving desired results. Reviewing legal entity monthly financial statement submissions for compliance with global accounting policies.
- Managing the development, updating and review of all corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial “flash” reports (Actual vs. Budget) presented to corporate department leaders (e.g., Human Resources, Information Technology).
- Assisting in the design, modification, implementation, and/or maintenance of accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Partner with executive management to build financial disciplines throughout the organization and enable strong performance against strategic, financial and operational goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 7-10 years of progressive Finance experience in public and private companies.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively across multiple departments.
- Proven experience in leading and building a strong finance team.
- Strong GAAP compliance background.
- Extensive working experience in consolidations (Hyperion or OneStream desirable).
- Demonstrated understanding of monthly financial statements with experience in preparing and issuing financial statements.
- Private equity portfolio company experience helpful with full understanding of the importance of EBITDA.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The executive will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
The Company offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Benefits include: insurance (health, dental, vision, disability), 401(k) matching, education assistance (tuition reimbursement), paid vacation, holiday, and sick/personal days. They are serious about finding good people and treating them well.
Interested candidates should contact Maureen Wilner at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #937 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.