Job #931: Senior Manager, Technical Accounting - Northern, NJ (10-29-18)
- Job Title: Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 + bonus
- Research the impact of new or proposed accounting standards, interpretations or regulations from the FASB, AICPA, PCAOB, EITF, and SEC, and communicate impact to Senior Management.
- Research business development technical accounting matters (both under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards) that could impact accounting for the proposed transactions.
- Review new contracts and assess the accounting implications based on existing accounting standards, interpretations or regulations.
- Prepare timely, high quality white papers on all key technical matters for submission to the independent auditor and manage the timely resolution of financial reporting implications.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual accounting analyses over complex areas, such as valuations, stock compensation, business combination, variable interest entities, equity method accounting, revenue recognition, leases, derivatives, and impairment considerations, including goodwill and indefinite-lived intangible assets.
- Prepare required documentation for all aspects of hedging/derivatives program from an accounting perspective. Ensure necessary processes and appropriate documentation are in place so all hedging/derivatives activities are appropriately accounted for in the financial statements.
- Serve as a contact for business inquiries related to the application of accounting policies and all technical accounting matters pertaining to existing and potential transactions.
- Prepare and maintain an up-to-date library of accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare accounting for unique transactions (i.e., debt financings, acquisitions), as they occur.
- Work with the broader organization to establish accounting processes for new projects.
- Lead organization wide trainings on accounting topics and quarterly meetings to provide updates
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 8 + years of relevant experience; Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Energy industry experience preferred
- Hedging/derivative experience preferred
- Must have technical accounting (GAAP & IFRS), research and reporting skills
- Experience with SEC filings
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control concepts
- Skills required: management, analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of large computerized accounting and reporting systems (i.e., Peoplesoft, Hyperion) and proficiency in MS office
- Ability to analyze complex information and formulate decisions/recommendations
- Work experience foundation that allows taking on additional responsibilities and upward movement potential in the organization
Interested candidates should contact Raymond Pirre at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #931 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at email@example.com on your email.