Job #927: Director Accounting Policy & SEC Reporting - Northern, NJ (10-25-18)
- Job Title: Director Accounting Policy & SEC Reporting
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $170,000 + bonus
- Performs Technical Accounting consultations on various topics including but not limited to revenue recognition, stock-based accounting, purchase accounting, sale of businesses (carve-outs, discontinued operations, assets held for sale, etc.), and derivatives, among others.
- Coordinates/oversees recurring technical accounting analyses such as goodwill, segment reporting, reinsurance, etc.
- Oversees the stock-compensation process including drafting of the expense entry, disclosures, forecasts, and analysis of drivers of variances. Works closely with the FP&A and Compensation team.
- Works closely across all functions of finance as well as other organizations (legal, HR, strategy, corporate development, etc.) to discuss implications of potential transactions or situations on company’s financial statements. Partners with Corporate FP&A to model and understand impacts to company.
- Determines financial disclosure requirements for SEC required financial reports (10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, 8-K, etc.). Works closely with Global Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Legal, HR, etc. to obtain data necessary to produce external financial reports. Coordinates and works to prepare SEC filings working closely with senior management and D&T for review.
- Works with investor relations team to help craft investor-related discussions.
- Works on one-off projects at the request of the CFO, SVP of Finance, Corporate Controller, VP of Consolidations, Accounting Policy, and External Reporting.
- Determines how company should adopt new accounting rules and model any potential retroactive or future changes into the financial statements. Maintains a close working relationship to SBUs, Corporate Staff Departments in order to facilitate the integration of company policy and GAAP accounting rules to new products, HR issues, operations, etc. Updates company Financial Policy manual as necessary.
- Builds relationships amongst finance and other associates, D&T (auditors) and other consultants
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant required
- 8+ years of total experience in a major Public Accounting Firm and/or a large, multinational company in similar capacity (SEC reporting and financial policy).
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and up-to-date knowledge of the latest accounting standards including working knowledge of new revenue recognition and lease accounting standards
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills necessary.
- Ability to communicate directly with senior level leaders including CEO, CFO, and general counsel.
- Strong project planning abilities and ability to pick up on things, including new projects, quickly
- Strong managerial skills, including ability to balance team's strengths and areas for growth and development, provide candid feedback, prioritize many key tasks for the team and you, and balance heavy workload for team with strong balance outside of work
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to anticipate questions and perspectives and provide timely and well-thought out answers even under pressure
- Must be able to balance the need for BU operating flexibility while maintaining a strong control environment and GAAP financials.
Interested candidates should contact Raymond Pirre at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #927 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at email@example.com on your email.