Job #919: Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager - Miami, FL (10-16-18)
- Job Title: Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager
- Location: Florida
- Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
This position reports to the firm’s Global Head of Tax (as well as CFO). As a critical member of the Finance Team, you will be responsible for tax matters related to several private equity, hedge and debt-related funds.
- Collaborate with outside tax advisors to oversee their preparation of 300+ partnership tax returns annually.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign tax regulations while working to minimize tax liability and maximize after tax profits.
- Work with Portfolio companies to ensure compliance with withholding and reporting requirements.
- Assist with tax research and planning for acquisitions, dispositions and reorganizations relating to foreign and domestic investments as well as firm operations.
- Assist with the communication of tax information to Limited Partners and members of the firm.
- Respond to tax notices in a timely manner.
- Work with tax team to assist in tracking of all legal entities and maintenance of annual tax calendar.
- Work closely with Partnership Accounting group to ensure proper calculation of tax adjustments.
- Interact with Limited Partners or their representatives regarding tax issues.
- Manage responsibilities involved with ad-hoc projects.
Education and/or Revelant Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Tax or equivalent related experience required
- CPA license highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years federal and state income tax experience required
- Experience in international taxation is a plus, and would include planning around inbound (i.e. ECI) and outbound (i.e. PFIC, CFC) transactions, entity classification elections, etc.
- Tax compliance experience required; Partnership tax experience ideal
- Private equity experience is a plus
- Independent and innovative thinker who can identify and follow through on tax planning opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Ability to interact directly with sophisticated investors and senior management
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong spreadsheet skills in Excel
Interested candidates should contact Fred Stern at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #919 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.