Job #916: Chief Financial Officer - NJ/PA corridor (10-12-18)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: New Jersey/Pennsylvania
- Salary: $275,000 - $350,000 + bonus
TFF Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an early-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative drug products for the treatment of lung diseases and other conditions. Using its proprietary technology, TFF can generate dry powder inhaler versions of specific drugs using nothing but the drug itself and approved lung friendly ingredients. This means that drugs of all types – small molecules, biologics, even combinations – can be dosed direct to the lungs with few, if any, side effects. TFF Pharmaceuticals has generated numerous formulations for faster and more complete dry powder delivery to the lungs. For more information, please visit www.tffpharma.com.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a key advisor to the CEO and will have a major leadership role within the Company. The focus of the CFO will be to lead the Company’s capital funding activities, including preparation work for a planned IPO and support the CEO in discussions with investors and prospective partners. Only candidates who have public company experience and have successfully guided a company through a successful IP will be considered.
Specific responsibilities of the incoming CFO will include:
- Finance: the evaluation, analysis and execution of all fundraising, treasury and all other finance related In particular, take full responsibility for driving an IPO on either NASDAQ or NYSE.
- Corporate Development: from a Finance perspective, work closely with the CEO and his direct reports on the analysis, execution and integration of licensing agreements, business partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Investor Relations: work closely with the Company’s CEO to communicate with investors and other key company stakeholders.
- Accounting: responsibility for overseeing the implementation and management of the accounting structure, methods, systems and operating procedures.
- Planning and Forecasting: responsibility for the implementation and management of financial planning, procedures, measures, budgeting and forecasting, project specific financial analysis and general risk analysis.
- Strategic Planning: as the Company grows, important decisions surrounding development initiatives, product portfolio analysis and commercial market expansion will need to be The CFO will be an important contributor to these discussions and, in select cases, lead this analysis.
- Reporting and Analysis: responsibility for the timely and accurate reporting and analysis, both written and oral, of financial and associated business information.
- IT: responsibility for the company’s technology infrastructure including the financial system and general computer systems and software capabilities throughout the Company.
The CFO will be a key strategic partner to the Company’s CEO and must be able to lead the company’s finance and accounting organization. It is expected that the successful candidate will have had experience as a CFO of a publicly traded, biotechnology, device or diagnostics company that has successfully created substantial shareholder value. Importantly, he/she will have had multiple experiences leading a company through various rounds of private, public and strategic partner financings.
Additionally, he/she must have leadership experience in building organizations and proven ability to manage all aspects of the Company’s financial operations, including controllership, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, finance and SEC reporting. It is essential that the successful candidate come from a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and possess a strong understanding of the challenges facing a company as it moves into commercialization.
The incoming CFO must be prepared to be a hands-on leader with an interest in being fully engaged with the day to day operating details of the Company. While the role is a CFO, we are looking for a person who brings a COO’s day to day operational approach to their work. The successful candidate will be a critical colleague and partner to the senior management team and will be involved in a variety of strategic and business challenges that extend beyond the financial function. This individual must be comfortable working within a science driven environment and be facile in translating scientific insights into business opportunities. Additionally, he/she must be comfortable in a position of high visibility and accountability as he/she works with the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders of the Company. The incoming CFO must have outstanding oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to contribute to the strategic discussions and decisions of the business.
Personal Characteristics will include:
- Interpersonal: Ability to build authentic relationships, constructively challenge conventional thinking, engender trust, cooperate as a team leader or member, share information and deliver results with a team.
- Business Judgment/Acumen: Proven ability, via strategic thinking and process assessment capability, to develop strong business cases and to persuade peers and upper management of the merits of a proposed program.
- Leadership: Understand and possess skills and have a history of coaching, motivating, and influencing a diverse group of individuals.
- Communication: Proactive, effective communicator with team, peers and senior leaders, both internally and with external collaborators.
- Managing organizational growth: Prior experience building, staffing and leading an emerging biopharmaceutical Knowledge of how people/organizations work and an ability to apply that knowledge to influence, lead change, deliver strong results and build the confidence of stakeholders.
- Integrity and Accountability: High ethical standards, integrity and strength of character in his/her personal and professional dealings and a willingness to act on and be accountable for his/her decisions.
- Mature Confidence: Assertive, responsible and supportive in dealing with Respect for others, openness to others’ opinions and the willingness to listen.
- Results Oriented/proven track record of consistent results: History of achievement that reflect high standards for himself/herself and others.
Interested candidates should contact Oliver Esman at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #916 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at email@example.com on your email.