Job #910: Corporate Controller - Stamford, CT (10-10-18)
- Job Title: Corporate Controller
- Location: Connectticut
- Salary: Open
A Marketing Services and Strategy Firm with regional offices in the US and in Canada that provide a full suite of marketing and strategy consulting services is seeking a Corporate Controller. Their clients include prominent consumer brand companies where they analyze consumer behavior to develop brand insights that drive growth. They are a Private Equity owned Firm.
The Controller will be charged with establishing a world-class accounting function that will support the firm’s significant anticipated growth. The firm’s accounting operations are currently spread throughout several offices in the United States and Canada. The Controller will leverage the financial systems infrastructure to enable the firm to centralize and integrate accounting operations.
- Review the existing general ledger systems infrastructure and relevant external ERP, reporting & planning systems and advise management on the optimal solution for the business.
- Lead the implementation of any new financial systems.
- Review the account structure being utilized at the firm’s offices and develop a standardized chart of accounts to be used throughout the firm.
- Ensure accounting policies are in compliance with US GAAP and consistently applied throughout the firm.
- Implement close process changes designed to significantly reduce the month-end close.
- Devise the optimal accounting organizational structure and train & develop staff to maximize their ability and value to the firm.
- Make changes to the internal control environment that will allow for the safeguarding of assets without burdening staff with unnecessary duties.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and the related analysis.
- Manage the cash flow forecasting process and the monthly/quarterly debt compliance reporting to lenders that includes financial statements, together with calculations which measure compliance with financial covenants provided for under credit agreements.
- Serve as the key point of contact with the external accounting firm to coordinate work performed in connection with the audit.
- Coordinate external audit as well as the tax return preparation and filings with audit and tax advisors and federal, state and local tax authorities as appropriate.
Compensation & Professional Development:
The selected candidate will earn a highly-competitive total cash compensation package that is commensurate with their level of professional achievement. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the growth of the business and will have numerous opportunities for professional development as the company executes their growth plan.
Prospective candidates will have had prior experience as an enterprise-level Controller or Assistant Controller. They will be process-oriented and capable of not only recognizing process improvement opportunities, but also identifying and implementing solutions. Candidates will be able to proactively manage cash reporting, bank covenant compliance and cross-border consolidations. They should have strong financial systems experience and be dynamic, flexible and capable of functioning in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. A CPA is preferred, as is prior experience working for a private equity-backed services business.
Interested candidates should contact Howard Honig at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #910 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.