Job #878: Controller - Long Island City, NY (8-23-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Hardware Speciality Company (HSC) Long Island City location is looking for an experienced Controller to oversee the accounting department. The ideal candidate would have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and experience leading the day-to-day finance/accounting operations with functional oversight. The Controller will be responsible for oversight of the accounting department, financial statements, the annual audit, all taxes, monitoring the general ledger, account analyses, budgeting, overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable, additional analyses as needed. This position will report to the CFO.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and analysis
- Preparation of analyses for various balance sheet accounts including: prepaid and deferred charges, accrued liabilities, security deposits and other
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Calculate and review commission calculations
- Manage all aspects of month end closing, including but not limited to, accruals, fixed asset schedules, capitalization, prepaid expenses, amortization of assets, depreciation schedules, accruals and liabilities
- Prepare and review of quarterly sales tax returns, property tax
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly accounting reports for management and executive teams
- Prepare and review the month end, quarter end and year end close procedures
- Ad hoc reporting as needed to support the business
- Occasional overtime is required
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years supervisory experience
- CPA / MBA a plus but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with Accuterm a plus but not required, ability to master inhouse system and reporting
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems, ADP payroll, and Microsoft Office, Excel
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
Interested candidates should contact Peggy Santorufo at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #878 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.