Job #876: Operations Analyst - Santa Monica, CA (8-23-18)
- Job Title: Operations Analyst
- Location: California
- Salary: Open
Clocktower Group is seeking an Operations Analyst to join their small, entrepreneurial, and intensely collaborative team. Clocktower Group is an asset management and investment advisory firm based in Santa Monica, CA. They have developed the world’s premier network of institutional investors, managers, and market thinkers focused on global macro and venture investing. Clocktower Group uses their insight and perspective to actively collaborate with their clients in designing more effective investment portfolios. The Company's fast- growing business today includes a macro hedge fund seeding platform, a hedge fund advisory service, and a fintech venture capital fund. The Operations Analyst will manage all fund operations for the hedge fund seeding and venture capital funds, and will be central to the efforts as they expand and scale.
What You'll do:
- Fund Accounting and Venture Valuation. You’ll work with the fund administrators on the monthly and quarterly NAV accounting for the hedge fund seeding and venture capital funds. This includes maintaining a shadow book to verify and approve the administrators’ calculations and leading the valuation committee in determining valuations for venture portfolio companies. Additionally, you will work with the fund’s auditors to finalize the annual audited financials.
- Fund Operations. You’ll be responsible for all fund operations, including working with the Operations Analyst to plan and execute capital calls, perform cash reconciliations, manage fund wires and cash flows, and monitor and pay fund expenses.
- Hedge Fund Seeding. You’ll play an integral role in helping the hedge fund seeds launch and grow their businesses, leveraging your own expertise as well as that of the comany seed investors to provide best practices to seed managers. Your expertise will also contribute to the due diligence efforts on potential seeds.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years’ experience at an asset management VC and/or private equity experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills and analytical ability, good judgment, and a strong operational focus.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What You'll Get:
- Joining an elite team that works with some of the most sophisticated investors in the world.
- Independence to run with your ideas.
- All the resources you’ll need to learn and grow.
- World-class benefits
- Delicious, healthy lunches and snacks
- Fully-paid, top-tier medical coverage and corporate wellness program
- Killer office space with amazing ocean views
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #876 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.