Job #872: Partner Accounting Supervisor - New York, NY (8-22-18)
- Job Title: Partner Accounting Supervisor
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a Partner Accounting Supervisor, based in the New York office. Reporting to the Director of Accounting & Tax, the Partner Accounting Supervisor will lead an efficient and customer focused support department, for the benefit of the Firm’s Partners.
The role requires frequent interactions with senior partners globally as well as senior leaders within Finance. Consequently, a high level of personal confidence and professionalism is required.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Partners’ Accounts Recordkeeping
- Develop a deep understanding of the activities each Finance department performs.
- Coordinate any necessary payments to partners with the Payroll or Treasury departments, in line with the Firm’s global payroll execution requirements.
- Supply the Accounting & Tax department with necessary journal entries for draws, advances, distributions, returns of capital, etc. within specified timeframes.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations of partners’ accounts (including draws, special distributions, capital, personal charges etc.), to ensure completeness and accuracy, escalate and resolve any reconciling differences within the required timeframe as directed by the Accounting & Tax department.
- Responsible for the preparation of year-end reports (aka 3 pagers) within set timeframes.
- Prepare financial analysis and cash flows to support discussions around all lateral hires (including maintenance of supporting modules) for the Chairman, under the direction of the CFO/COO.
- Maintain partners’ banking instructions with regard to payments and disbursements and disseminate information to Accounting & Tax and Payroll departments.
- Provide support to the Director of Accounting & Tax and the Finance Officer for any ad-hoc reports, analysis or other requests.
- Maintain up-to-date 5 year partner capital forecast at all times.
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts when requested for all partner-related accounts and provide expense variance analysis.
- Adhere to a checklist that cover all documentation and procedures required for partner life events such as joining, retirement, optional service, departure, etc.
- Communicate any issues with regards to partner accounts on a timely basis the Director of Accounting & Tax.
- Maintain records in accordance with applicable laws and Firm policy.
- Build effective working relationship with Accounting & Tax, Payroll, Treasury, Finance Systems, Retirement, FP&A, etc.
- Accountable for projects as directed by the Director of Accounting & Tax, including partner source data in HRMS, representing the Partner Services Group in the ADP upgrade project, GDPR etc.
- Responsible for Optional Service calculations, including the annual COLA calculation and maintenance of the Optional Service calculator.
- Prepare Death Benefits calculations and payments.
- Hire, train, develop and mentor junior staff.
- Ensure staff adherence to the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Professional accounting designation required.
- Very strong attention to detail, ability to produce high quality, accurate information within short timeframes.
- 7+ years' experience in a compensation or partner services or partner accounting related role.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills in dealing with demanding clients, whether internal or external to the organization.
- Understanding and delivery of an effective control environment.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Effectively interact with personnel across different functions and levels of the organization, building strong working relationships with all teams.
- Multitask and submit all deliverables within set timeframe.
- Work under pressure, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
Interested candidates should contact Kristen Cretella at: email@example.com . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #872 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.