Job #870: Accounting Supervisor - New York, NY (8-21-18)
- Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking an Accounting Supervisor, based in the New York office, who will be responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of the Firm’s foreign offices’ accounting operations, including monthly close cycle, general ledger accounting, internal control and policy development. The Accounting Supervisor will manage and develop a staff with responsibility across the Firm’s foreign offices, ensuring a consistent service level for each location. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Supervisor will establish a well-controlled, efficient and customer focused full-service Accounting function for the Firm’s foreign offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the operations of the Firm’s foreign offices’ accounting functions, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the departments’ goals and objectives.
- Train, develop and evaluate staff. Implement training programs in order to help staff maximize potential and reach individual and Firm goals.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities regarding payroll journals and other general ledger accounting and develop metrics to report on these activities against benchmarks.
- Oversee the monthly and annual general ledger accounting close process for the foreign offices’ ledgers, managing to a central global timetable, and validate accuracy of the results.
- Identify and research technical accounting issues, provide leadership to management and the team around new standards, ensuring that at all times foreign office reporting is in compliance.
- Manage relationships with outside audit firms and other providers as appropriate.
- Lead change management activities by suggesting, supporting and driving through changes to financial systems, structures, and control environment.
- Work with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure coding of expenses are correctly and consistently applied and appropriately authorized.
- Coordinate year‐end audits with external auditors in the foreign offices and manage the preparation of audit schedules, data, information and financial statements.
- Collaborate with other Finance managers to increase efficiency in financial processes that cross departmental lines.
- Work with Financial Systems to ensure accounting and financial systems for the department have robust controls, are compliant with regulations, and up to date when taking into consideration current business needs.
- When needed, serve as project manager for any system upgrades or implementation projects, assigning resources when needed and developing project plans.
- Regularly update, when needed, and monitor staff’s adherence to the Firm’s Global Finance Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Work with Tax Department to prepare any necessary schedules or supporting documentation for corporate or related tax filings.
- Respond to internal and external auditors’ comments concerning the Finance Department’s operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies.
- Provides status of financial condition of the Firm, when requested, by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- CPA or ACA required.
- Minimum 5+ years related professional services experience.
- Must be familiar with various International Accounting Standards.
- Prior managerial experience at a professional services firm a plus.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise or Aderant Expert an advantage.
- Ability to adjust to new, different, or changing requirements while conveying a sense of urgency.
- Must be capable of operating in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strategically by identifying and implementing business process improvements.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Previous leadership experience, with strong interpersonal skills and collaboration abilities. Must be able to partner with functional counterparts.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop a team that consistently meets multiple deadlines.
Interested candidates should contact Kristen Cretella at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #870 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.