Job #863: Corporate Accounting Manager - Edison, NJ (8-8-18)
- Job Title: Corporate Accounting Manager
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
The Aerosoles team is passionate, innovative, and never accepts the status quo. The Company is looking for like-minded people to join their 30+ year history of bringing fashionable and comfortable footwear to women of all ages. Aerosoles has proven that fashion and function aren't mutually exclusive and that stylish shoes can also be comfortable, all day. While the Aerosoles Associates are employed by Payless ShoeSource, they are focused exclusively on the Aerosoles brand.
The Corporate Accounting Manager manages the daily and month-end closing process for all operations of the Company and reports the consolidated Company results. Assist Corporate Controller in proper accounting in accordance with US GAAP and developing and implementing internal controls. This position works with the operation units of the Company to ensure monthly operation results are reported accurately. The preparation of the consolidated reporting package is coordinated by this position. The position is heavily involved in year-end audit support, including preparation of financial statements and footnotes. The position also performs accounting tasks such as account reconciliation and analysis, accrual calculations, fixed asset determination and depreciation, and inventory rollforwards and analyses.
The suitable candidate is able to operate independently as ultimate responsibility is the preparation of the company’s consolidated financial statements.
- Direct and control the period-end closing process; prepare the internal financial statement package
- Responsible for various monthly account analyses
- Responsible for inventory, including rollforwards, reconciliations, reserve analysis, variances, valuations
- First Cost margin/commission income billing and reporting
- Account reconciliation: Receivables, Prepaids, Inventory, Payables, Revenues, Cost of Sales
- Assists in coordinating with the outside auditors and tax accountants
- Identifies inefficiencies and develops procedures to improve existing processes
- Assists in analytical or special projects
- Month-end accruals, including journal entry posting
- Buying agent account analysis, including receipt/payment, variance resolution
- Maintain/update the Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) General Ledger and TM1 financial reporting system software
- Fixed Asset updates and depreciation accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years corporate financial accounting experience with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial/supervisory role
- Strong communication, analytical, and technical skills required
- Strong PC skills (excellent Microsoft Office ability)
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong initiative with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment are essential
- Must be proficient in using an ERP system with customized subsidiary ledger software and financial reporting
- Excellent organization skills are required to manage the simultaneous tasks while ensuring all deadlines are met.
- CPA preferred
- MBA a plus
- Public Accounting/Auditing experience preferred
- Inventory accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics SL (Solomon), BlueCherry and TM1 a plus
Interested candidates should apply directly here: Corporate Accounting Manager. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. After you apply please send Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener an email at: EisnerAmper Friends of the Firm stating you have just have applied for Friends of the Firm Job #863.