Job #862: Payroll Specialist - Hyde Park, NY (8-8-18)
- Job Title: Payroll Specialist
- Location: New York
- Salary: $42,000 - $44,000
The Culinary Institute of America is seeking a Payroll Specialist.
The Payroll Specialist provides general support and directly assists the Manager - Payroll to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing in accordance with local, city, state and federal laws. Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist helps coordinate the day to day payroll operations, assist in managing the student payroll function across the three campuses in different states, reviewing the accuracy of the data recorded in the payroll system and perform accounting-related tasks, including the maintenance of documentation, completion of various tax filings and payments to tax jurisdictions, and other payroll activities and processes.
- Help plan, coordinate and manage payroll activities associated with the bi-weekly payroll, including account reconciliations and payroll adjustments. Accurately process and maintain bi-weekly multi-state payrolls. Audit payroll for accuracy and compliance of policies and procedures.
- Prepare biweekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions).
- Maintain a calendar of activities required by the payroll department
- Responsibility for employee payroll, coordinating the employee payroll function of the three campuses in the US
- Provide reports to Financial Aid regarding student work study hours worked.
- Write reports in Business Intelligence to meet audit, informational and ad hoc reporting needs
- Complete state applications for withholding, unemployment or locality identification numbers as needed.
- Support continuous process improvement within the payroll department.
- Assist the Payroll Manager with implementation of new system related procedures for payroll and time and attendance.
- Help to ensure the accurate issuance of W-2s. Assist with various federal and state regulatory reporting.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal and state wage and hour employment and unemployment law.
- Assist in year-end compliance, reporting taxable fringe benefits, third party sick pay, etc.
- Assist with WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credits) program information requests.
- Balance each payroll run, and perform post audit of payroll to ensure accuracy. Respond to employee inquiries and resolve complex customer requests.
- Provide direct support and assistance to the Manager of Payroll in all payroll functions.
- Prepare management reports as requested.
- Maintains reconciliation of any outstanding checks and investigates and resolve any issues timely
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or a related field of study or significant experience in lieu of.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience with processing full cycle in-house state payroll.
- Payroll experience with New York, California and Texas states.
- Experience with working with UltiPro payroll system a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local employment regulations and tax processing.
- Ability to proactively communicate and work effectively with both customers and staff.
- Ability to prioritize workload, and meet deadlines timely and accurately.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to convey a positive and professional image in person, on the telephone and in correspondence.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to internal customers and
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required by business needs.
Interested candidates should contact Rey Norat at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #862 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.