Job #841: Associate Director/Director of Technical Accounting - Bridgewater, NJ (7-20-18)
- Job Title: Associate Director/Director of Technical Accounting
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $160,000
The Associate Director/Director of Technical Accounting will report directly to the Corporate Controller based in Bridgewater, NJ. The Director will contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the larger Finance Organization, promoting a collaborative approach with business leaders providing reporting expertise ensuring that the Company is in compliance with SEC rules adhering to US GAAP and providing expert technical accounting guidance as part of the controllership team.
The Controllership Team is chartered with providing critical business information on a timely basis in order to ensure optimal efficiency in decision making for the organization. The Controllership team reports to the Chief Financial Officer at Synchronoss, meaning that it acts as the trusted source of all actual (current and historical) financial information and prepares relevant analyses for essential business
- Work closely across the business promoting strong working relationships to include Legal, M&A, Finance, R&D, Sales, and HR; ensuring that financial statements and disclosures are in conformity with SEC rules and US GAAP
- Technical accounting lead ensuring the highest degree of integrity in the preparation and issuance of financial filing requirements 10K, 10Q etc.
- Research and resolve on a timely basis audit and technical accounting issues with the Company’s external auditors.
- Act as a subject matter expert providing timely knowledge to changes in accounting and SEC rules providing communication on possible impact to the Company for senior management.
- Maintain effective written accounting policies and provide guidance across the organization on the application of such policies.
- Perform timely self-assessments of the accounting and reporting policies and guidelines identifying enhancements to improve the external reporting procedures and process.
- CPA with a Bachelor degree or masters in Accounting required.
- 10+ years of progressive technical accounting experience including SEC reporting and other technical accounting Disciplines.
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple complex cross functional projects and providing a collaborative approach that drives process and procedural enhancements.
- Ability to understand the economics of business transactions to reach the best possible outcome within the rules, based on the business strategy.
- Big 4 experience or National office experience is a strong plus.
Interested candidates should contact Chuck Cook at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #841 in the subject and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at: email@example.com on your email.