Job #839: Controller - New York, NY (7-20-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New York
- Salary: up to $125,000
A Management Consulting company specializing in not for profit finance seeks a Controller to supervise a team of staff accountants, and manage the accounting activity and financial reporting cycles for a portfolio of clients.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals in India and NYC to deliver the monthly financial reporting package for multiple clients, meeting required deadlines
- Manage the accounting team to ensure grants and contracts are identified, realized, monitored, and adhere to regulatory requirements
- Thorough knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including treatment of restricted funds, deferred revenue, and accounting for government and private grants
- Review and confirm financial statements are accurate in accordance with GAAP and corresponding supporting and analytical schedules are reconciled
- Maintain a monthly calendar and checklist of due dates for financial statements, contracts deliverables and audits
- Manage accounting work flow and assist with problem solving to ensure timely, accurate and consistent reporting
- Independently solve accounting issues; recommend and implement process improvements
- Review and / or prepare other required client reports and analytics required by internal and external sources
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of financial and regulatory audit reports and supporting documentation
- Manage annual audits in conjunction with the Client Manager
- Review and confirm schedules for the OMB A-133 Audi, 990's and other applicable required filings
- Identify staff training needs, conduct annual reviews, assist in the hiring process
Qualified candidates should have experience managing accounting teams within a not for profit setting. Experience managing off-shore teams is a plus.
Interested candidates should contact Michael Bernstein at: Michael.Bernstein@linium.com. All resumes must be in MS Word. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #839 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.