Job #837: Chief Financial Officer - Chicago, IL (7-17-18)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: Illinois
- Salary: Open
Bento for Business was founded on the basis that traditional banks are failing small businesses. From limited online and mobile options to narrow product sets, legacy practices and platforms are not meeting the needs of today’s business owners. As such, Bento’s vision is to be the modern business banking platform for SMBs. The company’s first killer app solves the $3.7 trillion employee expense abuse problem -- a card-based digital spend management solution enabling businesses to proactively manage and control employee spending at the point of sale, prior to purchase.
The company is enjoying significant business momentum. In the last year they have:
- Tripled revenues
- Doubled their customer base
- Launched 2 significant new products
- Added some exciting new distribution partners
- Closed a new round of funding to fuel growth
Selling a single product via one primary channel has driven this tremendous growth, and with a massively improved product set and ecosystem, they are now ready to build upon and accelerate this momentum.
The company is looking for a seasoned hands-on, energetic Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to be based in the company’s main office in Chicago, IL.
As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO will be responsible for all areas related to accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financing and tax reporting. Equally important, this individual will be responsible for analysis and input on the strategic priorities and pacing of the company and guiding all business functions to continually improve financial results.
- Develop and implement financial disciplines across the organization, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Create, manage, and analyze a key set of KPIs that are critical to business success. This includes all areas of revenue, cost of sales, operating expenses, working capital, and equity value creation.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Prepare the monthly financial reporting package and provide analytical context for management consumption including doing in-depth analyses as needed
- Drive planning and forecasting processes to completion
- Champion the development and implementation of business intelligence (BI) capabilities
- Support the marketing, sales and operations planning process through active engagement in developing forecast updating, monitoring and reporting business risks and opportunities, and preparing executive reports
- Provide expert counsel to CEO and Board on matters related to business performance and venture capital fund-raising and transaction support (i.e., diligence)
- A proven leader who knows how to translate financial reports, KPIs, and data analytics into business success
- Thinks about company success in a holistic way; applies multidisciplinary, “whole-brain” approach to problem-solving.
- A successful track record of leading a financial and/or analytical team in B2B organizations within a well-regarded, high-growth, successful transactional business. Navigated business to successful exit
- Understands what it takes to be successful working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment at a senior management level of responsibility. Highly adept at building strong relationships at executive levels
- Marries solid accounting/reporting stewardship with heavy operational orientation
- Be comfortable rolling up sleeves as well as managing a small finance group
- Strong financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to proactively generate innovative ideas and lead process improvements
- Ability to work independently and do what is necessary to get the job done correctly and in timely manner
- Experience and proven decision-making capabilities in fast-paced, high-growth organizations
- Highly effective facilitator with proven ability to interact both with technical teams and with external customers, distribution partners
- Force of nature with the innate fire and drive it takes to be outstanding
- Energetic, dynamic, passionate, assertive and tenacious
- Personal flair and influence; inspires others to action
- Motivated team player with desire to grow a successful company and develop staff
- Excellent group presentation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to write and speak succinctly
Interested candidates should contact Jon Reynolds at: jReynolds@edisonpartners.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #837 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.