Job #831: Fund Marketer - New York, NY (7-12-13)
- Job Title: Fund Marketer
- Location: New York
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
A small but growing and successful seven year-old asset management company seeks an experienced, entrepreneurially-minded Fund Marketer to spearhead internal fundraising efforts for the firm. The firm currently manages three funds actively investing in complex equity and equity-linked, as well as debt, securities of small-cap foreign publicly-traded companies in privately-negotiated transactions. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be in the middle of the action and work directly with the Chief Investment Officer, in order to promote the funds and increase assets under management. The candidate will be solely responsible for a wide range of areas.
- Candidates must have directly relevant fundraising experience with a proven track record of successfully raising capital for funds from institutions, fund of funds, RIAs, and family offices / high net worth individuals, either at another hedge fund, PE or VC firm, or at a third party marketing firm
- The firm’s strategy is particularly well-received by family offices, and the focus of the marketing efforts will be on that segment of the LP market rather than the institutional market
- The candidate will have his or her own rolodex of relevant contacts and will be able to hit the ground running using their existing network of investor contacts
- The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing an LP acquisition plan, conference attendance, the firm’s direct marketing, overseeing third party marketer relationships, and researching and approaching the universe of relevant LPs beyond the candidate’s existing contacts
A minimum of five years of relevant experience is necessary. The candidate is expected to be working out of the NY office but the firm will consider exceptional candidates located elsewhere who may work remotely or relocate. Travel will be undertaken as needed but it is not expected that it will exceed 25% of the time.
A competitive base salary, a competitive bonus and benefits (including 401(k) plan and health insurance) will be provided. There is substantial room to grow with the firm.
Interested candidates should contact Cory Burns at Cory.Burns@bergenasset.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #831 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.