Job #829: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Pembroke Pines, FL (7-12-18)
- Job Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location: Florida
- Salary: $95,000 - $105,000
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will manage the forecasting and performance metrics process, providing key analytical and modeling support to the Vice President of Accounting and Chief Operating Officer.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manage and review the consolidation of the weekly and rolling financial forecast including analysis of the quarterly operating expenses and revenue
- Support the preparation of the annual financial plan including target preparation and consolidation and analysis of plan information;
- Manage performance metrics process; working with teams to review the quality of the financial planning process;
- Manage key processes, including the Annual Plan, Income Statement forecasting, expense forecasting and revenue forecasting; recommends changes to documentation as appropriate;
- Prepare and document quarterly compensation calculations for the company;
- Support the preparation of board presentations;
Qualifications (includes knowledge, skills, abilities, and related work experience):
- 8-10 years of accounting/finance experience, including 5-7 years financial planning experience in a large public company environment, including consolidated financial planning experience;
- Broad academic and practical understanding of finance concepts such as NPV, IRR, etc.;
- Academic and practical GAAP knowledge;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills;
- Ability to develop productive relationships with peer groups within Accounting and Finance;
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to complete assignments given aggressive time constraints;
- High level of proficiency in all productivity tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint);
- Practical experience with financial planning software;
- Flexible, team-oriented approach to issues.
Functional/Technical Requirements (includes education, certifications, and training):
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA or MBA required;
- Partner with specific lines of business and leaders to analyze, prepare and report on business results (profitability, ROI, costing).
- Assist Vice President of Accounting in the preparation of the monthly internal business review presentation comparing our actual results to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Assist in analyzing the business and expressing findings and/or recommendations orally and in writing across the organization.
- Support management in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Perform deep-dive reviews of G&A expenses to identify risks and opportunities.
- Partner with Operations to review forward looking projects and financial results. Develop tools to assist with managing the business.
- Review Capital (CapEx) proposals, evaluate ROI, make recommendations regarding the commitment of capital, and perform follow-up reviews against the original vs business case.
- Interact with Senior Management and feel comfortable speaking up to express opinions and/or facts.
- Help complete ad hoc analysis for the Senior Leadership team, as requested.
- Perform routine, ad hoc analysis and reporting for month-end process, including variance explanations.
- Contribute to streamlining efficiency across the department by automating and/or eliminating reporting as the business needs evolve.
- Document standard operating procedures.
Interested candidates should contact Fred Stern at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #829 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.