Job #824: Assistant Controller - Union, NJ (7-3-18)
- Job Title: Assistant Controller
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $80,000 - $95,000
D'Artagnan is seeking an Assistant Controller.
D’Artagnan, headquartered in Union, NJ was founded in 1985, and is now the leading brand specialized in foie gras, meat, game, patés, sausages, smoked delicacies truffles, and mushrooms in the country. D’Artagnan is dedicated to natural, sustainable, and humane production and products. Over the years D’Artagnan has built relationships and partnerships with farmers and ranchers who share the same philosophy, and believe in free-range, preservative-free, and organic products.
With $100M in revenue and headcount of over 250, it is a hugely successful and well-recognized enterprise. D’Artagnan is organized around three distinct business lines: Food Services (Hotels, restaurants, etc.), Retail, and Online; each business line having a specific business model. D’Artagnan sells products in all 50 States, and buys products all over the world. D’Artagnan has established an outstanding reputation over the years, built on a simple yet key principle: to provide its clients with the highest quality. For decades now, it has been acclaimed by the industry and customers all over the country, and is recognized as a world-class company by many world class chefs around the world. D’Artagnan is now making a strong impact in the online business for individual clients.
- Responsible for preparing and managing: account reconciliations, account analysis, workpapers for fixed assets, pre-paids, bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for 5 day month-end close/ general ledger activities including timely journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, with proper documentation and thorough analysis of G/L variances to ensure a timely close period.
- Experience with multiple ERP systems with the ability to create ad-hoc financial analysis via pivot table or advanced excel spreadsheets.
- Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries, ensuring proper coding, appropriate accruals are in place, and close.
- Provide financial and operational analysis services for operations and internal departments.
- Ability to multi-task and have flexible work hours in a dynamic work environment.
- Assist and manage in the day to day operations with Accounts Payable department.
- Ownership of the monthly p&l preparation and variance analysis vs budget and prior year.
- Responsible for monthly banking borrowing base preparation and quarterly covenants.
- Understand and prepare schedules for monthly accruals (inclusive of freight in, freight out, leases/rentals and temp fees).
- Monthly payroll entry and analysis.
- Prepare all month end general ledger adjustments/entries.
- Prepare ad-hoc and special tax reporting.
- BS degree in accounting or finance.
- 5-7 years in an accounting role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, including functions such as v-lookup and pivot tables) required
- The ability to take on additional responsibilities in a small team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze account data and present findings.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills are necessary.
Interested candidates should contact Robert Zivkovic at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #824 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.