Job #822: Director of Contracts - New York, NY (7-3-18)
- Job Title: Director of Contracts
- Location: New York
- Salary: up to $150,000
A consulting company focused on outsourcing financial functions for not for profit organizations seeks a proven manager with process improvement and change management successes to scale its business operations. The Director of Contracts will lead the improvement and development of systems used for the financial administration of government contracts and other restricted grants. The organization manages over 400 contracts and grants and looks for the successful candidate to assist with the development of systems and to manage several times this volume. Using these systems, this person ensures that accounting and administration of this funding is timely, accurate, and compliant with funder and government regulations. A team of motivated Financial Analysts continuously rely on your expertise to best serve our nonprofit clients.
The Director of Contracts is an Independent Leader and an Expert in the Field.
Independent: acts like an owner, decisively resolves issues, and requires minimal supervision. Stays current with changes in regulations, best-practices, technical innovations and is able to communicate this with enthusiasm to all.
Leader: this high-level internal relationship-builder successfully manages change up and down with diplomatic ease.
Expert in the Field: possess detailed knowledge of government contracts administration such as those outlined in the Federal Office of Management and Budget Uniform Guidance, other New York City and State contracting guidelines, as well as FASB and GAPP accounting standards.
- The Director of Contracts owns process improvement initiatives related to contract and grant tracking and administration and audit
- Identifies and manages approval and execution of process improvement initiatives
- The Director of Contracts is responsible so that all client contracts and restricted grants are tracked and expended as per funder guidelines and regulations
- The Director of Contracts will develop, maintain quality control and audit processes to ensure contracts are administered appropriately
- Monitors contract deliverable scheduling and completion to ensure deadlines are maintained
- The Director of Contracts is responsible for staff training related to contract and grant regulations, accounting and budgeting processes. The Director will ensure that staff is knowledgeable of all regulations related to contract and grants administration, as well as business practices and systems used in managing these funding streams. Maintain training reference materials.
- Develop and maintain orientation curriculum for new staff. Review and provide input to staff in India's orientation curriculum
Staff Resource Management
- Provide input to Client Managers on appropriate FA staffing for their client's contract function, including back up and job development
- Provide recommendation to Portfolio Managers on short term resource needs for peak close out/audit activities
Interested candidates should contact Michael Bernstein at: Michael.Bernstein@linium.com. All resumes must be in MS Word. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #822 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.