Job #806: Property Accountant - Bridgewater, NJ (6-18-18)
- Job Title: Property Accountant
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $75,000 - $90,000, based on experience
Advance Realty is seeking a Property Accountant. Highlights of the postion include, but are not limited to:
Property and Asset Management
- Communicate regularly with Property Managers and Administrators of the properties the Staff Accountant is responsible for.
- Ensure timely collection and application of tenant rents, working with Accounts Receivable Coordinator on tenant delinquencies.
- Manage accounts payable and process vendor payments along with Property Management team on vendor invoice matters (past due balances, late charges, payment misapplication, etc).
- Record and reconcile financial information on a daily and monthly basis - includes recording and posting necessary accruals, adjustments, depreciation, accrued interest, etc.
- Analyze revenues and expenses, ensuring accuracy on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
- Perform and assist with month-end close procedures including preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations.
- Maintain organized and accurate work papers with appropriate support and documentation.
- Produce monthly financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows, and budget vs. actual variance reports. This includes financial package distribution to clients/owners and lenders.
- Assist in preparation of interim and annual common area maintenance (CAM), real estate tax, and insurance reconciliations for tenants.
- Assist in annual budget preparation for operating properties.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
- At least 3 years accounting experience in real estate industry, preferably development/commercial properties.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, including GAAP, accrual and cash basis.
- At a minimum an intermediate level of knowledge of accounting functions, project job costing, including bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, mortgages/loans.
- Knowledge and experience with Sage 300 (Timberline) and MRI.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) required.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized in work – ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet assigned deadlines for maximum results.
- Act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives.
- Strong oral and written communication. Possesses diverse analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees (within the Accounting department as well as other departments in the organization), clients/owners and other external parties. Continually establishes and cultivates relationships.
- Adapt and accept change.
Interested candidates should contact Kim Callas at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #806 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.