Job #799: Controller - New York, NY (6-15-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New York
- Salary: Up to $125,000
Digitalis Ventures is looking for a controller to lead day-to-day financial and operational needs for Digitalis Ventures, a $200M venture capital firm headquartered in NYC, with additional team members in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and London. This person will oversee and manage the audit process, LP capital calls, payment of invoices, account reconciliations, management reporting, manage insurance requirements, and assist with other financial and operational activities as needed.
- Manage year-end audit process and support investment professionals on portfolio company valuations
- Manage LP capital call process
- Work with CFO to generate quarterly financial statements, accompanying notes, and supporting schedules
- Ensure fund is compliant with applicable laws and regulations, and prepare data for relevant regulatory and tax filings
- Prepare and manage the budget and predict budget forecasts
- Support fund on administrative legal matters
- Tax preparation support
- Implement and manage IT solutions across the organization
- Maintain fund accounting databases
- Reconciliation of cash accounts
- Book year-end accruals and expense items
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 - 6+ years of fund accounting experience, preferably in Private Equity or Venture Capital Industry
- CPA license is highly preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills are required
- Superior attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while managing numerous deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective team member in a collaborative environment with a proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
Interested candidates should contact Amit Bansal at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #799 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.