Job #793: Controller - Clinton, NJ (6-13-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $100,000 - $120,000
Under limited supervision, manages the accounting operations of the Company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results. Provides information, primarily financial in nature, about all Company activities that will assist management, shareholders, and other users in making educated economic decisions about the Company’s future.
- Oversees the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to: Internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the activities of the Bookkeeper ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports and cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance and management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including collections, billings, cash receipts, applications, etc.
- Submits timely reports to HQ on A/R aging to ensure compliance and collectability of credit insurance policy.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, process and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Prepares monthly analysis of all P&L and balance sheet accounts.
- Analyzes actual Vs budget income statement monthly and ensures budget codes are properly mapped.
- Maintain the accuracy of all companies controlled by the entities and ensure accuracy of payments and expenditures to the correct unit.
- Coordinate intercompany transactions with sister companies to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Liaison with Corporate Headquarters to include reporting, projects, and to assist on projects in the consolidated company.
- With other key management personnel, coordinates the preparation of the Company annual budget, prepares necessary supporting documentations, and justification.
- Reviews quarterly and annual payroll reports for compliance and accuracy.
- In order to determine accurate inventory balance sheet ‘value’: Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures and other statistical and routine reports such as: Stock status, inventory analysis, etc.
- Key liaison with external auditors.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of Accounting Department personnel.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Proficient PC including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Regularly assigned to NJ office. Work is performed in an office setting at a desk and computer.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land/air.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting with 5 years related experience.
- CPA preferred.
Interested candidates should contact Jo Ann Martin at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #793 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.