Job #792: Chief Financial Officer - Nassau County, NY (6-13-18)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: New York
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the administrative and fiscal functions of the company. Working closely with the President and leadership team, the CFO will develop and implement a financial and operational strategy that includes measureable goals to drive profit improvement. This position is also responsible for the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results via secure automation.
The CFO will partner with the CEO/President to execute strategic initiatives, drive the completion of Company objectives and regularly manage and measure performance of the Executive Leadership Team (Directors and above).
In this capacity, the CFO will act as operational and tactical thought partner to the President and be responsible for overseeing the delivery and implementation of all Company strategies, as well as the oversight and management of objectives and initiatives of the operating departments in addition to Finance; including CX (Customer Experience), IT, Talent Development and Sales Operations.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Company’s fiscal functions and performance including, but not limited to: cash flow; profitability; capital; credit and collection policies; and compliance with regulatory, tax, and contractual
- Provide responsible and forward-thinking leadership that supports Gadge’s goals and the organization's potential
- Develop strategic organizational objectives; oversee the implementation and regularly measure progress towards achievement of the
- Effectively manage cash flow and Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism. Create cost controls and lead savings initiatives focused on the top 10 areas of expense.
- Leverage knowledge of financial reports to identify opportunities to establish and achieve financial benchmarks.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial
- Evaluate strategic alliances, acquisitions, mergers, and
- Oversee and approve issuance of financial information, tax returns and other government filings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with commercial banks and lending institutions; negotiate and procure capital; and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash
- Develop and manage core administrative and financial functions within the company, including technology, logistics, risk management, human resources, and employee benefits (including 401K, profit sharing, medical/dental insurance program and premiums).
- Review and monitor professional service relationships, particularly accountants and lawyers; and Professional Employer Organization (PEO)
- Develop and manage Sales Plan (for Sales Team) and Company bonus and profit sharing plan (for employees at Corporate Office)
- Leadership / Decision
- Encourages others to assume responsibility and develops
- Promotes/enforces the Company’s performance standards
- Fosters teamwork
- When making a decision, analyzes and considers alternatives
- Supports company Mission, Vision and Core Values [throughout the role]
- Communicates effectively in the interest of superior
- Keeps all stakeholders fully informed about work progress, problems, and provides adequate
- Communicates well, orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate financial matters to non-financial team members
- Interpersonal Skills & Relationships
- Establish and maintain effective contacts within and/or outside the company to establish goodwill, conduct negotiations,
- Effectively manages conflict
- Works cooperatively with other areas/departments across the business
- Openly shares information and knowledge with colleagues and staff
- Treats employees with respect and fairness
- General knowledge of company policies, best financial practices and
- Corporate Finance
- Employee benefits
- Systems integration and control/IT
- Risk management and insurance
- Industry Knowledge
- Impact of fluctuating raw materials and other imputs impacting COGS
- Value Chain
- Strategic Vision
- Understands the challenges within our industry and our organization and can develop a plan to meet those challenges and grow the company while influencing the outcome, not just reporting
- Sets clear priorities, objectives, and tracks progress against
- Takes appropriate action to ensure targets are
- Budgeting/Forecasting/Economic Management
- Compliance: Audit and Tax
- Problem Solving & Initiative
- Effectively diagnoses problems, analyzes causes, recommends and implements
- Uses outside sources and internal staff to develop sound
- Exercises sound judgment
- Anticipates business needs and proactively takes action to achieve business objectives
- Self-Management Skills / Managing People
- Consistently demonstrates adaptability and flexibility without losing effective control
- Displays self-confidence when dealing with difficult situation and takes corrective
- Adheres to policies, procedures and practices.
- Recognizes and celebrates outstanding performance.
- Addresses performance issues quickly and
- Firm believer, supporter, and exhibiter of core values; demonstrates them throughout all regular interaction
Interested candidates should contact Ellen Bartol at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #792 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.