Job TitleFinance Director
SalaryUp to $125,000 + performance bonus
ABOUT THERAPY SOURCE
Join Our Team – and Help the K-12 Community!
We’re all looking for that extraordinary professional opportunity that provides worth in today’s society. If a challenging work environment in a quick-moving industry is your “jam,” then Therapy Source will be an excellent fit!
As one of the fastest-growing educational staffing firms in the US, Therapy Source has spent the last 20 years cultivating a valuable brand in the Special Education industry – a brand based on following through with the promises we make to our clients and therapists. We are always searching for qualified individuals who love a challenge, seek to learn and grow, understand the value of a commitment, to join our incredibly talented and knowledgeable corporate team.
What we offer:
§ A hybrid work environment
§ Respect and growth opportunities
§ An “open door” policy to leaders for input, suggestions, and feedback
§ Special events (Dessert trucks, BBQs, etc.)
§ Companywide contests for cash and prizes
§ Comprehensive benefits package – medical, dental, vision, and various voluntary benefits (including pet insurance)
§ Generous 401(k) with 4% company match
§ PTO and VTO
§ Paid holidays
§ Many other benefits (too many to list!)
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR THE ROLE?
This executive leadership position is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This leadership position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Director of Finance will report to the CEO and oversee cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
Local candidates preferred and open to remote with periotic visits
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
· Manages all accounting and banking relationships
· Manages and motivates team to provide top level customer service and adhere to invoicing timelines
· Works with clients to determine most effective invoicing practices for their company
· Provides status on company financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data to the CEO and President
· Provides strategic data to the Vice President of Sales
· Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new GAAP proclamations, legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports
· Advises management of actions and potential risks
· Manages all Federal, State and Sales/Use taxes for the company
· Arranges for audits as required and appropriate
· Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
· Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively
· Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
· Development of invoicing and billing processes
· Management of a team of 5-10 members
· Streamlines all finance related processes
· Develops and maintains finance checks and balance system
· Financial Management
· Operations and procedure improvements
· Strategic Thinking
· Business Acumen
· Ethical Conduct
· Technical Capacity
· Performance Management
· Motivation capabilities
· Masters required; CPA strongly preferred
· 10 or more years of experience in managing the accounting and finance function in a small to medium sized company
· Experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities
· Required management experience
· Willing to take on additional responsibilities to assist in growth
· Technical acumen a plus
· Expert in QuickBooks & Excel a MUST
Responsible for approximately $30,000,000 a year at a company level, and a departmental budget of approximately $300,000
Direct and Exempt: 2
Indirect and Non-Exempt: 6
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to lift and move materials up to 20 pounds.
COMMENTS: Therapy Source does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Carole Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1777 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.