Job #776: Chief Financial Officer - New York, NY (5-16-18)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Offier
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
The mission of United States Council for International Business, Inc is to advance the global interests of American business through advocacy. The organization also serves as the National Guaranteeing Association for the ATA Carnet system as appointed by the U.S. Treasury Department.
Reporting directly to the President, the CFO will set the organization’s financial policy and direction while also being an active participant in, and driver of, the organizations’ overall strategy. As a member of the senior management team, the CFO will work closely with the Finance and Oversight Committee and Board of Directors.
The CFO will be a seasoned and mature leader with many years of broad finance experience and possess a CPA or MBA professional designation. He or she will ideally have experience managing all finance functions including accounting, budgeting, internal controls and reporting, along with other keys areas of a non-profit organization such as HR, IT, and Legal.
Additional Qualifications and Attributes:
- An effective communicator, with demonstrated strong oral and written skills
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work within a mission-driven environment
- Mature and proactive, preferably with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the chief executive of a similar entity
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vison into an operational model
- Excellent people skills, with commitment to developing team members
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and ethical behavior
Financial and Operational Management
- Ensure that finance and accounting staff maintains accurate and timely financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the preparation and filing of all statutory requirements of the organizations; includes IRS Form 990 tax returns, New York State CHAR550 filings and other regulatory requirements as needed
- Direct the timely completion of the annual external audit and communicate results to the Finance & Oversight Committee and the Board of Directors
- Manage cash flow and prepare regular cash flow forecasts including the operational requirements of the carnet claims operation
- Partner with the President on all operational and strategic issues and provide strategic recommendations to the President based on sound financial analysis
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team
- Engage the Finance and Oversight Committee around issues, trends, and updates to the operating model and operational delivery
- Lead organization’s strategy to address the long-term obligation of the company’s Defined Benefit Pension Plan (frozen in 2010)
- Develop and manage staff in finance, accounting, IT, administration and carnet
- Engage other members of the senior staff to facilitate company-wide staff development and compensation in accordance with the company’s strategy and operational goals
- Work with heads of Business Development and Policy to support cross-department collaboration
Interested candidates should contact Crys Won at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jennifer Rosener, email@example.com, on your email.