Job #769: Vice President Finance, US - Parsippany, NJ (5-2-18)
- Job Title: Vice President Finance
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $160,000 - $180,000 + bonus
A global technology services provider that is looking at significant global growth both through organic increase in market share and multiple acquisition opportunities is seeking a Vice President Finance, US.
The Vice President Finance, US will report to the Global CFO and will partner with the US General Manager. They will supervise a team of seven.
The Vice President Finance, US will be directly responsible and accountable for the business unit’s overall financial management.
In addition, the Vice President Finance, US will be expected to actively contribute to US management team discussions and decision-making regarding business ideas, proposals and strategies beyond the bounds of the finance function. More specifically the Vice President Finance, US will:
- develop a thorough understanding of the company’s business model and key operating levers. This would include:
- an understanding of the business unit’s product offerings , pipeline of new products, differentiation in the market, as well as channels to market; and
- knowledge of competitive strengths, weaknesses and the strategic direction of both the business unit and its key competitors;
- insure the timely preparation, integrity and accuracy of the business unit’s accounting operations and financial reporting activities including thorough analysis of results and projections for the future to insure effective business unit decision making;
- lead the US business unit’s financial planning, forecasting and budgeting processes; proactively challenge management to ensure forecasts and plans are fully vetted and take into account both the short term and long term impact of business activities and issues;
- develop strong lines of communication across the US business unit, and the company globally to facilitate the accurate and timely transfer and dissemination of financial information and to evaluate the financial impact of proposed new business initiatives or potential business challenges;
- hire and develop business unit financial staff to maximize productivity/efficiency, insure clarity in accountabilities and expectations among personnel, and cultivate leadership potential;
- oversee the US business unit’s tax planning and compliance activities;
- oversee and effectively partner with key external venders, i.e. bankers, auditors, attorney’s etc.
- improve working capital by reducing high levels of capital requirements in A/R and Inventory and create an improved approach to cash management;
- oversee the US Implementation of the new global ERP system to drive standard global processes and provide a platform to enable continued high growth for the entire group;
- serve as change agent within the US business unit proactively identifying and implementing opportunities for key process efficiencies to improve overall financial and business operations;
- provide insightful analysis relative to existing and new business development activities, including the analysis of potential acquisitions; and
- lead and/or prepare any other special projects and analyses required by senior management.
Prior Experience & Personal Characteristics:
Ideal candidates should possess:
- a minimum of 12 years broad based financial management experience ideally in a senior leadership role with a mid-sized corporation or business unit where the individual has gotten broad experience / exposure across most major financial functions;
- superior technical financial knowledge including strong experience with both GAAP and IFRS;
- prior cross functional experience (outside of finance) would be strongly preferred;
- a strong track record of career progression and advancement;
- genuine interest and cultural awareness to work effectively with in an internationally based organization;
- prior experience with significant financial operational change management activities;
- a strong strategic business orientation evidencing the ability to approach business issues from multiple functional/operational perspectives in order to effectively co lead the US business unit with the local GM;
- demonstrated management and leadership skills evidencing the ability to effectively motivate,
- train and mentor subordinates;
- excellent experience and capability with the utilization of automated financial systems, with specific experience in effectively transforming large amounts of data into usable information for management action;
- superior interpersonal and communication skills, evidencing the ability to work effectively not only with
- direct supervisors and subordinates but with regard to
- interfacing with and influencing professionals in a global matrix organization with those whom one does not have direct reporting relationships;
- an entrepreneurial spirit, evidencing a bias towards action with the courage to challenge the status quo;
- excellent analytical and problem solving skills indicative of an ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels;
- strong organizational and project management systems including a superior attention to detail;
- flexibility and a hands on orientation evidencing the ability to work in a cooperative and team oriented culture which will require the individual to work effectively as a manager/ supervisor, member of multiple project teams, and as a high level individual contributor; and
- leadership capabilities and potential for significant future career growth.
A competitive compensation package will be awarded to the successful candidate including an attractive annual
salary and annual bonus incentive.
Interested candidates should contact Rick Bosland at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre, email@example.com, and Jennifer Rosener, firstname.lastname@example.org, on your email.