Job #768: Controller - Bala Cynwyd, PA (4-30-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Salary: $110,000
Lead the effort closing the books for the businesses’ operating entities in a timely and accurate manner. Routine functions will include:
- Responsible for all general accounting and reporting for a growing distributor located in the Western suburbs of Philadelphia.
- Preparing the Balance Sheet and Income Statement for four separate legal entities. Consolidates monthly statements and assist CFO with analyzing operating results on a monthly and annual basis.
- Reconciles intercompany activity between related corporate entities to ensure that all transactions between the entities are properly and timely recorded
- Establishing proper cutoff procedures for revenues, expenses, and inventory transactions.
- Assist with the evaluation of the Company’s inventory position in a commodity-based business. Supervises personnel who reconcile monthly perpetual inventory records to the records of off-site third-party warehouses who store the inventory. Establish analytics to evaluate current levels of inventory, where there may be exposure or opportunity and recommend steps to minimize risk.
- Transmit payroll to our third-party payroll processor. Review payroll for accuracy and provide summary for CFO sign off. Work with HR to enforce procedures pertaining to new hires, terminations, and leave of absences. Process payments for all benefit vendors and taxing authorities and ensure accuracy and timeliness of billing from these vendors. Work with CFO and TPA to maintain compliance with 401k plans.
- Maintain general ledger account analyses for all balance sheet accounts. Review for unusual balances and activity.
- Produce monthly sales commission reports for management review. Identify any unusual items for further review.
- Prepare weekly “Flash” reports for Executive Management
- The candidate must be detail oriented and able to respond to inquiries from Executive Management in a timely and thorough manner. The candidate must be a team player and contribute to the positive morale and energy within the office.
Interested candidates should contact Nkrumah Pierre, email@example.com, and Jennifer Rosener, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.