Job #766: Senior Manager of Purchasing & Accounts Payable - Bridgewater, NJ (4-27-18)
- Job Title: Senior Manager of Purchasing & Accounts Payable
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $93,000 - $150,000 + bonus
The Senior Manager of Purchasing and Accounts Payable is responsible for management of the centralized Purchasing and Accounts Payable operations for the three US entities (BIC, BMS and BIUS). This position will work very closely with Brother’s Procurement Department, which is responsible for strategic sourcing, spend control and savings, vendor management and other related roles. The Senior Manager will assist in the overall planning, organization, direction and control of the Procure to Pay process within Brother. The Senior Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations, strategic direction, and governance for the Purchasing and Accounts Payable Department. This individual will manage a team of 2+ Accounts Payable staff and 2+ Purchasing staff. The Senior Manager will oversee the entire life cycle of the transaction from the time the purchase requisition is received through approvals, invoice receipt, payment and reconciliation. Key areas of responsibility include, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, interacting with the Procurement Department and the IT organization to leverage system capabilities and improve processes. The individual will assist in the monthly closing process, keep management apprised of issues that arise in their area, provide solutions, and ensure compliance with internal controls and tax regulations.
The Senior Manager supports, mentors, coaches, and develops the Purchasing and Accounts Payable staff. He or she plays a key role in recognizing areas where purchasing and accounts payable processes could be more effective and efficient and works with the Senior Director of Finance and the Vice President of Finance to design and execute initiatives to address these needs.
The individual must have excellent communications skills, including the ability respond to issues both within the organization and, if needed, to vendors. The individual will liaise with individuals throughout Brother including Accounting, IT, Supply Chain Management, Warehouse management, Facilities and the sales groups. They will strive to ensure cost savings and efficiencies. They will implement and monitor metrics and develop process improvements. They will ensure the cross-training of staff; manage the month-end reconciliation process needed for Accounting, Inventory and Credit; manage the Concur Expense Reporting system; and manage and ensure the correct, timely filing of Forms 1099 for all US entities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and control and Purchasing and Accounts Payable workflows and functions.
- Lead and mentor Purchasing and Accounts Payable staff. Drive staff commitment to service excellence, efficiency, timeliness, accuracy and respect.
- Develop, document and maintain appropriate policies and procedures utilizing best practices and create training for Purchasing, Accounts Payable and throughout the company on these policies.
- Maintain adequate internal controls and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work collaboratively with the business to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Establish and monitor appropriate KPI’s to evaluate staff productivity and accuracy; and monitor system metrics to ensure that optimal effort and volume capacities are met.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor payments for all US entities and responsiveness to vendors.
- Drive process to minimize payments by check; follow-up with vendors for uncashed checks; and compile data and internally report unclaimed property associated with vendor payments
- Manage the Accounts Payable monthly closing of financial records and month-end General Ledger reconciliations as required by Accounting, Inventory and Credit, including accurate accruals.
- Work closely with the Treasury Department as it relates to the Cash Forecast and cash flow analysis.
- Provide data and assistance for quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of the Vendor master file and monitor all functions including new vendor additions, deletions, profile updates, etc. Ensure correctness of Vendor master file for classification of vendor payments for 1099 reporting, including year-end tax documents creation and filing and B-Notice resolution. Lead and implement an electronic 1099 system.
- Manage the Concur Expense Reporting system and processes, including assisting with setting up new employees in the system and working with HR; develop and provide training and resource materials for users; respond to user questions; manage relationship with Concur regarding Expense Reporting system; regularly track and report on non-submitted expense reports in violation of company policy to appropriate department heads; look for continuous improvements to the process.
- Oversee vendor data transmissions and resolve issues and disputes, including data feeds between Brother and vendors and banking institutions.
- Establish and maintain open communication with Management. Develop and interpret various data elements for analysis, reconciliation and reporting to Management, such as spend by vendor, and recommend improvements in conjunction with Procurement group.
- Serve as liaison with Accounting, Treasury, Tax and Accounts Receivable to ensure these areas are working effectively as a team.
- 5+ years supervisory experience managing a large company’s Procure to Pay process, including both Purchasing and Accounts Payable experience in a shared services environment.
- Management experience leading and mentoring a high-volume department processing a high volume of transactions and emphasis on continuous process improvement, efficiencies and technology-driven solutions.
- Excellent organization and planning abilities and able to seamlessly coordinate multiple concurrent tasks.
- Extensive experience with Purchasing and Accounts Payable systems, workflows, banking institution requirements, federal and state government agency reporting requirements and familiarity with ERP systems such as SAP.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all interactions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to think outside the box and work in a team environment to develop innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of advanced accounting policies and procedures including accrual accounting, GR/IR, internal controls and accounts payable register and basic knowledge of GAAP/IFRS, G/L and SOX
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills using tact, professionalism and courtesy.
- Excellent analytical ability and experience developing and monitoring KPI’s and system metrics for Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office with advanced excel experience; experience using SAP and Concur or equivalent systems.
- Hands-on experience implementing software solutions and processes, including scoping and testing of system upgrades.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and process improvements.
Interested candidates should contact Alice Payne at Alice.Payne@brother.com and Patti Mamchur at Patricia.Mamchur@brother.com, Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #766 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at email@example.com on your email.