Job #761: Investment Operations Manager - Easton, PA (4-24-18)
- Job Title: Investment Operations Manager
- Location: Easton, PA
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Investment Operations Manager (IOM) reports to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), and works closely with that person as well as with other members of the Lafayette College Investment Office (IO), and Finance & Administration Office, to ensure the effective operations of the investment function. The Lafayette Investment Office, based in New York City, is currently comprised of a CIO, an Investment Director, an Investment Associate and an Office Manager.
The IOM will be responsible for managing, ensuring the accuracy of, and reconciling to the College’s custodian, fund and account data. In addition, the IOM will be responsible for managing the processing and execution of new investments, redemptions, capital calls and other cash flows. The IOM will also prepare reports and exhibits for Investment Committee meetings. The IOM will document and manage investment operation processes to ensure they are well controlled and efficient. After taking on core investment operations functions, the IOM may take on additional responsibilities, including but not limited to Operational Due Diligence of prospective and current external fund managers. The IOM is expected to network regularly with endowment & foundation investment operations professionals to share ideas on best practices. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience for New York-based investment operations professionals.
Lafayette College is a small (approximately 2500 students) private, highly-regarded liberal arts and engineering college, founded in 1826 and based in Easton Pennsylvania (about 70 miles West of NYC) with total assets of approximately $900 million.
- Reconciliation with custodian: receive and record all manager data, then reconcile monthly with custodian.
- Review & confirmation of investment return data: generate and confirm accuracy of performance information for the College's investments, asset classes, total endowment, and customized benchmarks.
- Audit preparation: provide asset class/strategy classification, liquidity and fee terms and other summary data for each manager and fund.
- Preparation of exhibits for quarterly Investment Committee meeting materials: including sector and geographic exposures, private asset values and returns, liquidity matrix, and “look-through” exposures.
- Processing transactions and new investments: manage and execute process to establish and fund new investments; manage and execute process to complete redemptions, capital calls and other cash flows.
- Liquidity management: maintain fund-by-fund tracking of liquidity, redemption dates, and cash flows, and periodically update liquidity spreadsheet.
- Coordination: manage the IO relationship with the custodian bank. Liaise between IO and Finance Office personnel and the College's external fund managers, administrators, and other service providers.
- Operational Risk & Controls: lead periodic reviews of processes and controls to ensure that operational risks are identified and minimized. Create, maintain, document, and improve processes and systems for effective and efficient workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years’ experience as investment operations professional.
- Career orientation towards investment operations management
- Exceptional attention to detail, commitment to prevent errors, and commitment to prevent errors from ever recurring
- Superior organizational skills
- Passion for process management and process improvement
- Ability to determine priorities and take action with a minimum of supervision in a relatively unstructured environment
- Strong team orientation; commitment to respectful culture; good sense of humor
- Ability to solve messy, complex problems then report to CIO (orally or in writing) with clarity and concision
- Excellent all-around computer skills
Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Interested candidates should contact Mervin Burton at: Burtonm@lafayette.edu. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre, email@example.com, and Jennifer Rosener, firstname.lastname@example.org, on your email.