Job #756: Controller/Finance Director - New York, NY (4-19-18)
- Job Title: Controller/Finance Director
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: $160,000 base + bonus
A full-service theatrical company is seeking a Controller/Finance Director.
The Controller/Finance Director is responsible for developing financial plans and policies, supervising GAAP standard accounting practices, managing company operational banking, the maintenance of fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports, managing accounts payable, accounts receivable,payroll, and cash flow. Specific duties will include:
- Establish and manage new structures, controls and process workflows in all aspects of accounting for company US and UK operations
- Administer Month End closing and Financial Statement preparation processes (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual)
- Institute and manage audit management process with outside accountants (in both US / UK)
- Manage commercial banking relationships and increasing operational efficiencies and cost savings measures
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and international with-holding taxes
- Maintain third party services for HR management, payroll functionality and statutory record keeping
- Support the development, implementation and running of the new company-wide contract and royalty management platform
- Support communication with Owner and President translating financial statements and explaining financial status of the company.
- Assess and create a new E-Comm business plan to include managing all aspects of E-Comm with the goal of developing differentiated licensing and sales business models.
He/She will direct the day-to-day online operations relating to Playscripts e- commerce with oversight responsibility for:
- Top line sales
- Operating metrics
- Key performance indices
- Advertising/promotions budgets
- Site marketing & maintenance
- Maintaining bottom line targets on all IT projects
- On-line user experience
- On-line customer service
- Supply chain/logistics and fulfillment strategy and implementation
- Utilize channel analytics to maximize E-Comm sales and increase licensee lifetime value
- Work to drive traffic, engagement and loyalty
- Work with IT to optimize e commerce software and CAM capabilities
- Logistics, manpower, revenue, cash flow & margin are key components of the business model and they will own full P&L
8-15 years hands-on corporate accounting experience (they are GAAP compliance), ideally theater or licensing industry but open to something close (media/entertainment/etc), CPA/MBA+++, international experience+++, finance experience (this role will handle both)++++
Interested candidates should contact Robert Pickus at: email@example.com. Include "Controller/Finance Director - Job #55430" in the subject line. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jennifer Rosener, email@example.com, on your email.