Job #750: Chief Financial Officer - Fort Lauderdale, FL (4-17-18)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: Florida
- Salary: $180,000 - $220,000 + incentive program
InSite Group is a boutique real estate investment and development company based in Fort Lauderdale, FL and founded in 1996. The firm specializes in the development and repositioning of opportunistic and value-added hospitality, residential, and mixed- use properties in major markets throughout the U.S. Through its vertically-integrated development platform, InSite Group is able to maximize investment value at every stage in the project lifecycle.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational support and direction to the organization. The ideal candidate will be a talented, visionary finance leader who is hands-on with strong financial and accounting skills experienced in hospitality and real estate industries. The CFO is responsible for financial planning, providing strategic leadership in the development, evaluation and execution of short and long-term strategic objectives.
- Implement and maintain financial and accounting systems, processes and controls.
- Establish and enforce application of appropriate internal operational controls, sox compliance and financial procedures.
- Assess, provide recommendations and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Create and establish annual financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives
- Ensure proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
- Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems.
- Responsible for the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Maintain underlying accounting records are accurate, complete in accordance with USGAAP and record keeping complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Utilize forecasting models and activity based analysis to provide financial insight in the organizations plans and operating budgets.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the commercial real estate, hospitality, property management and/or related industry.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of all financial legislation.
- System implementation experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
Interested candidates should apply directly here: CFO. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. After you apply please send Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener an email at: email@example.com stating you have just have applied for Friends of the Firm Job #750.