Job #745: Senior Internal Auditor - Reno, NV (4-10-18)
- Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
- Location: Reno, NV
- Salary: $65,000 - $85,000
This position, located in Reno, NV, performs internal audits with minimal supervision to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s operations and that there are adequate controls in place to help ensure objectives are met. At times, there will be some project management and supervision when less experienced auditors or consultants are assigned to the audit. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring the completion of the annual financial SOX walkthroughs and testing on behalf of management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and document operational and financial reporting risks.
- Develop and execute audit programs that are efficient and effective and provide coverage of high risks.
- Efficiently collect information through research, interviews, testing and analysis.
- Create useful process documentation (narratives and/or flow charts).
- Document audit activities with organized work papers.
- Develop initial draft(s) of audit reports that contain accurate observations.
- Maintain professional relationships with management, external auditors, and consultants while remaining independent and objective.
- Assist in developing Audit Department policies and procedures consistent with IIA standards.
- Remain abreast of industry and technology developments.
- Integrate SOX tests into routine internal audits.
- Ensure all financial SOX walkthroughs and testing are completed timely and accurately.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of risk and operational and financial controls.
- Provide risk and control guidance and feedback to management.
- Manage internal audits effectively.
- Coordinate and manage external auditors and / or consultants.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in accounting, finance, or other business related field. Three or more years of audit, accounting, or related work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity but willing to consider other points of view. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed above
Preferred, but not required:
- Previous internal audit or consulting experience. Public accounting experience.
- Insurance industry experience
- Experience with Audit Command Language (ACL) or other data analysis software.
- Desirable certifications include CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE, MBA and/or MACC.
Some relocation assistance may be provided.
Interested candidates should apply directly here: Senior Internal Auditor. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. After you apply please send Nkrumah Pierre, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jennifer Rosener; email@example.com an email stating you have just have applied for Friends of the Firm Job #745.