Job #730: Director of Accounting - Philadelphia, PA (3-23-18)
- Job Title: Director of Accounting
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly — and with confidence.
The Director of Accounting will lead the Treasury, A/P, A/R, G/L Accounting teams, and assist the US Controller in running the department.
- Cash reporting and forecasting
- Manage debt agreements and banking relationships including principal & interest payments and debt covenant reporting
- Manage credit reporting agency relationships.
- Lead AR Manager to ensure timely billing, cash application, and collections to ensure key metrics are met (DSO, % AR Outstanding, etc…).
- Responsible for all corporate financial reporting including global consolidations and analysis.
- Responsible for consolidation of global results into the accounting system.
- Oversee the general accounting functions, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management and royalty management.
- Manage all G/L accounting functions including monthly closings and account analysis.
- Plan and manage all internal requirements for year-end audits and coordinate with external auditors.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Oversee Accounts Payable functions.
- Manage outflow of cash via the payables functions to include preparation and setup of wires.
- Identify and resolve technical accounting and reporting issues.
- Set accounting department goals and lead accounting staff to achieve those goals.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities of the company. Responsible for the continued development of these associates.
- Maintain corporate credit card accounts.
- Manage Global COA and entity setup in ERP system.
- Partner with the finance and contracts departments to ensure company goals are being met.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- BS in Accounting required
- MBA and/or /CPA required
- 10-12 years’ experience in accounting department including at least five years of management experience
- Experience managing banking relationships and interpreting contracts
- Ability to identify and drive process improvements to better serve the business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on Corporate goals and initiatives.
- Ability to determine escalation requirements and ensure key issues are put in front of senior management with recommendations for resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Proven capability to effectively manage in a global environment with virtual teams.
- Must be organized, accurate, analytical and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and accounting software packages.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills is mandatory.
ERT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates should contact Emmalee MacDonald at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #730 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.