Job #710: Accounting Manager - New York, NY (3-6-18)
- Job Title: Accounting Manger
- Location: New York
- Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 + equity
BLADE has revolutionized travel. Flights can be booked through the BLADE app, where you select one of BLADE's lounge locations as your departure point, and choose a final destination from a range of locations. Whether booking a single seat on a crowdsourced flight, or launching your own charter or crowdsource, BLADE takes you where you want to be--fast. With a fleet of helicopters, seaplanes and private jets available on-demand, BLADE flies you between New York, Miami, LA and a growing number of other destinations. Along with the flight, you also get to enjoy complimentary cocktails and a professional customer experience (C/X) team at the BLADE lounges. It's not just travel, it's a meticulously crafted experience. For more information, check us out at http://www.flyblade.com
BLADE’s Mission: Combine an unmatched customer experience, technology platform and brand to be the leader in short-distance aviation.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for critical thinking and is looking for a position where they can combine their accounting and business knowledge. Nothing drives you more crazy than inefficiencies. You also have may have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Fluency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in entrepreneurship and technology
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Certified Public Accountant designation and big four accounting experience
The Accounting Manager will be working at the operational headquarters in Manhattan and reporting directly to the CFO on a variety of responsibilities. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing BLADE’s accounting operations by maintaining accounting records and ensuring that reporting is continually in compliance with accepted accounting principles and standards. Additional responsibilities include maintaining strong vendor relationships and transmitting payments to operators and other vendors. The position is a great opportunity for those with accounting experience to apply their skills to an exciting and innovative business model in a high-energy, fast-growing, close-knit environment.
- Oversee the daily operations of the finance and accounting team, recruit and train incoming interns
- Perform cash management functions and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliation functions
- Maintain an orderly accounting system using Xero and ensure timely payment of invoices
- Develop a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure financial compliance with legal requirements through payment of the FET tax and regular audits
- Maintain strong vendor relationships by communicating with enthusiasm and professionalism
Interested candidates should contact Kathleen McCormack at: email@example.com and include your greatest accounting achievement and your availability to start. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #710 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.