Job #708: Controller - Miami, FL (3-1-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: Miami, FL
- Salary: $125,000
The ideal candidate for this position will review, prepare and organize all company financial systems. In this role, extreme accuracy and consistency is essential while managing customer invoices, packaged loan products, payroll systems and corporate financial records. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary for both the internal and external communication required for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for accounting systems and reconciliations.
- Responsibility for successful integration of new loan processing software & transition from legacy system
- Supervision of loan transactions:
- Loan boarding
- Loan vendor payment preparation and approval
- Accounting entries on general ledger
- Monthly Payments
- Customer invoice preparation
- Preparation of ACH file for delivery to the bank
- Payment posting
- Payment posting to general ledger
- Oversight of accounts payable process
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close:
- Bank reconciliation preparation
- Sub-ledger maintenance and reconciliations
- Electronic check deposit processing
- Responsible for development, implementation and oversight of Company-wide internal control structure.
- Maintenance of corporate records, including shareholder records and other important corporate documents.
- Oversee and manage Company tax reporting and compliance in federal and various state jurisdictions.
- Responsibility for Company compliance with various federal and state licensure, registration and other requirements ensuring the Company has requisite authority to conduct its business activities in a compliant manner.
- Responsible for oversight of Company compliance with debt covenants.
- Responsible for annual external audit process.
- Responsible for quarterly board reporting package.
- Oversee and manage Company payroll processing and compliance with labor law rules and requirements.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of monthly bank and investor servicing reports.
- Manage borrower invoicing and payment processing.
- Five to six years of Accounting experience
- Expert knowledge of U.S. GAAP. CPA preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Accounting from accredited college.
- Experience in system conversions a plus.
- Experience in data management and reporting.
- Experience with Quickbooks is a MUST
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
Interested candidates should contact John Liberatore at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre; firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jennifer Rosener; email@example.com on your email.