Job #706: HR Generalist - New York, NY (2-22-18) -
- Job Title: HR Generalist
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: Open
Marathon Ventures is a media company specializing in the sale of direct response advertising on television networks and stations. Based in Manhattan near Grand Central, the company has grown rapidly during the past 10 years and currently represents 20 media companies. The company hopes to continue its aggressive growth rate and is seeking an HR generalist who can enhance the existing corporate culture as well as lead ongoing training and recruitment efforts. For this position, the company will consider candidates seeking full-time employment as well as those interested in providing more limited, consulting-based services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with senior management on recruitment, training and staffing for future corporate growth
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions or promotion opportunities
- Process hiring-related paperwork and conduct new employee orientations
- Participate in improvement of performance evaluation and training materials
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Coordinate documentation and responses to the full spectrum of HR and performance related issues
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, unemployment and/or worker’s compensation claims or promotions.
- BA in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience
- 3+ years of experience in human resource generalist role
- Strong ethical practice, business acumen and relationship management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
Interested candidates should contact David Brenner at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre; firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jennifer Rosener; email@example.com on your email.